spots on my panther chameleon ?

T.NY

HI to all chameleon lovers out thereally

I'm very new to Chameleons this is my first ever chameleon as a pet. I have interacted with wild chameleons when I was little.

Your Chameleon -
Panther Chameleons was told dad was a Nosy be but not sure.
Age told was told about 5 - 6 months. Have had him for 4 days only though.

Handling - handled him for about once a day since had him. I let him walk slowing onto my hand while slowly inching forward as well. He sometimes he walks very fast on my butafterhandFeeding- What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?Location - Where are you geographically located?

HI to all chameleon lovers out thereally

I'm very new to Chameleons this is my first ever chameleon as a pet. I have interacted with wild chameleons when I was little.

Your Chameleon -
Panther Chameleons was told dad was a Nosy be but not sure.
Age told was told about 5 - 6 months. Have had him for 3 days only though.

Handling - handled him for about once a day since had him. I let him walk slowing onto my hand while slowly inching forward as well. He sometimes he walks very fast on my but after hand.

Feeding- crickets (some gut loaded some not) he wont eat mealworms/superworms

Supplements -Use Zoo Med Repti calcium with d3 and cuttlefish bone powder; Nutri Bac Df aswell

Watering - Use Dripper, Mist 4-5 times yes have seen him drink once a day but only a couple of drops.

Fecal Description - 1st black and white consistency (like poop) not runny Havent been test yet.
History - Sorry no previous info.
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Combo door is acrylic side and back are screens 45x45x80h. I have not UVB lighting or any other lighting as he get natural sunlight from 7am-4pm Temperature - temp cage floor about 23-25C basking about 30C Lowest overnight temp: about 23C
Humidity - 60-80
Plants - Using live plant but not sure the name have pic.
Placement - Where is your cage located 4f balcony No fan vent or high traffic. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? 130cm
Location - Taiwan Tainan (hot and humid)

My concern is, there are a few blackish and white spots on the base of the tail and back , is this normal or am i just being paranoid.
sorry for the first post accidentally pressed POST before i finished and didnt know how to delete post so just reply to myself and finishing my Q, LOL

20151119_164957.jpg
20151119_163930.jpg
20151119_163751.jpg
y boy

Attachments

• 20151119_163912_001.jpg
    20151119_163912_001.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 104
It looks like he can get really close to the heat lamp with those branches.

You need to lower them and ideally have a basking branch which is horizontal and about 6-8" from the top of the screen to stop him getting burned.

It looks like he can get really close to the heat lamp with those branches.

You need to lower them and ideally have a basking branch which is horizontal and about 6-8" from the top of the screen to stop him getting burned.

You saying those are burn marks ? Ok will do thanks

Those to branches were added today so I don't think he was burnt for the lamp he hasn't slept under the heater before

Definitely not a burn! Those are scratches or remnants of a bite or claw marks. At some point she was probably caged with other clutch mates and got them. At this point they are well healed and will disappear over time.

Back
Top Bottom