Spots in poop?

BasilSews

My female Jackson chameleon, Basil(around 1 1/2 years old) recently pooped but there is something clearly wrong with it. It has spots and odd circles in it. It’s not slugs because all her other slugs haven’t looked like this at all. I looked up parasites and all I could find were worms that were long and thin. These are fat circles of some kind. Does anyone know what this could be?? She hasn’t pooped in a while so I’m glad she finally did, but I’m worried the spots have something to do with the blockage.

WARNING: chameleon poop bellow

Attachments

• IMG_5001.jpeg
    IMG_5001.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5002.jpeg
    IMG_5002.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5003.jpeg
    IMG_5003.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 51
Has she been eating tons of black soldier fly larvae? The pics are kinda blurry so I can't really tell what the spots are but I have seen BSFL not fully digested in poop before.

Has she been eating tons of black soldier fly larvae? The pics are kinda blurry so I can't really tell what the spots are but I have seen BSFL not fully digested in poop before.
Not that I know of. Our house has has a fruit fly and house fly problem, but I don’t know if she’s eaten any or not. I don’t let her eat loose random bugs, she always gets crickets or roaches from a pet store.

Is she in a bio active enclosure? Did you watch her pass it or find it later?
I’m not sure what bio-active means but I found it I’m guessing an hour or so after she passed it. I check on her every once in a while to make sure she’s alright

I’m not sure what bio-active means but I found it I’m guessing an hour or so after she passed it. I check on her every once in a while to make sure she’s alright
ok so it fell in a plant then. Bio active is a fully dirt planted out bottom with bugs that keep it all clean. :)

I would increase your misting to make sure she is getting enough moisture. That fecal is quite large. The white circles could just be pieces of urate. Did you by chance squish this up to see how much was fully fecal and how much was urate. I know sounds nasty but sometimes we gotta do this with weird ones they pass.

Back
Top Bottom