spot on tail

miguelnj

Hey guys, im new to owning a vieled chameleon. Ive had her for almost a week now and wasnt till yesturday till I noticed some brown spots on her tail. She was shedding when we got her so I thought it had tovdo withvthst but today I noticed another one by her eye.
I read a little about it and I belive its due to not enough humidity in her screen cage?
And ill admit I been heaving some trouble keeping it high, I bought a humidifier and still cant keep high levels. I would love some pointer on this proble. ANY advice will help greatly!

I tried to post pictures but havning trouble doing so...

click post reply.
click the paper clip in the utility bar.
browse your computer.
click the pic you want.
close the window.
click paper clip again.
click insert attachments.

submti reply.

Sorry for late reply but here are the pictures i was talking about. any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• mia18.jpg
    mia18.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 198
  • mia19.jpg
    mia19.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 190
Looks to be some type of infection, my guess would be viral.

A vet visit is definitely in order unfortunately. Good luck..

im sorry she is having issues!!
please copy and paste this into your repy, filling in your answers. this will help us help you determine what could be wrong.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

:DHello, sorry you haven't gotten any help yet. I have no idea what this could be but, would take to vet ASAP. I did message a couple of the vets that frequant the boards to take a look when they have a chance but, Still need a vet to see this in person and possible test I would think. Good luck and keep us posted. Keep checking back someone may have some advice for you.
:confused:

from the look of things it’s either a viral infection (papilloma/warts #1) or a fungal infection. if i were the vet i would be doing a micro-biopsy and sticking it under the scope to help determine +/- sending it to the lab; most other vets would do the same.

as it appears to be spreading i would suggest the vet visit sooner rather than later. therapy could consist of topical and/or systemic meds, benign neglect, or surgery. unfortunately i can all but guarantee that things like changing your lamp or supplements won’t do a thing at this point.

o-

I agree, this is definitely something needing investigative diagnostics. Removing one or two of the lesions (spots) and sending them in for histopathology is the best (and only) way to determine what is causing them and how to treat them. If it's spreading, which it seems to be, then figuring it out soon is prudent. My veiled had some unusual spots on his skin so I removed two of them and sent them into the lab. They discovered papillomavirus causing wart-like growths.

Thanks for all the input guys. Im tryin to find a reptile vet around my area so I can bring my cham in(new jersey). Shes been with me little over a month scince I got her from the reptile expo so im guessing its came from the petstore people I got her from.
Ill keep you all posted and thanks again

same problem

mine has the same lesions, he came home from the pet store that way, they told me he was perfectly healthy, but then the bum:mad:ps showed up more and more, over this past month. i took him to the vet and shes still not sure what it is. but her guess is also fungal or viral. im treating him for fungal right now, she ruled out mites. have to take him back today to get another skin scraping to get a better sample. defiantly take it to the vet!

Back
Top Bottom