Splitting the colonies today

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
Bought 3 bins on sale today, 20 gallons, so moving the ivories over completely since they are in an aquarium which i view of inappropriate for this species. And i am splitting my dubias and orange heads into two different colonies to increase production. Also will be moving out 2 of my shelving units to the shed.

2 bins down, 1 more to go, and the shelving unit is almost up as well. Plus my snails had a surprise for me, over 30 babies are now roaming the bin. Sadly didnt catch the eggs in time. However i noticed one of my larger snails is very obviously about to lay in probably 1-2 weeks, i will mist heavily the next week and see if it lays.

Attachments

• IMG_20190221_181056_022.jpg
    IMG_20190221_181056_022.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 62
Last night we got into freezing temps. But everyone is showing wonderful signs of life. No signs of lethargy and a lot of the roaches are hanging out towards the top. I ended up putting our most expensive space heater in the shed, i set its internal thermostat for 60 and then set the timer for 8 hours during the coldest parts of the night. It seems all is well. Pair that with the heat pads and everyone is doing wonderfully. <3 So happy and glad i could test it thoroughly. Now i just need to spoil them with oranges and bananas today while i feed them cactus fruit on the side

You are what you eat right ? Good stuff I'm sure your Chams although unaware of your efforts enjoy the fruits of your labor

Half of my joy of raising my reptiles especially my chams is raising their food honestly XD'. I love invertebrates and have since i was little. But my chams definitely enjoy their varied diet.

Orange heads have been split. Second shelving unit has been moved in. Red lights are up for the scorps. All shelving units are lined currently that need to be. Pics coming soon <3

First picture, we still arent quite done yet. I need to rehouse the ivory heads, and also adjust scorpion enclosure lids and move them out but omg we are so close with thw current inverts i have.

IMG_20190224_104009_041.jpg

Orange heads have been split. Second shelving unit has been moved in. Red lights are up for the scorps. All shelving units are lined currently that need to be. Pics coming soon <3

I'm actually loving the insect care too. I have 15 silkworms spinning cocoons right now, so fascinating! (Hornworms are ready to pupae soon, silkworm eggs in the incubator, etc.)

I'm actually loving the insect care too. I have 15 silkworms spinning cocoons right now, so fascinating! (Hornworms are ready to pupae soon, silkworm eggs in the incubator, etc.)

I will likely end up having a silkworm colony of 5-10k worms with 20k eggs regularly

I will likely end up having a silkworm colony of 5-10k worms with 20k eggs regularly
Wow! That's a lot! This is my first go at trying to breed feeders. I am really fascinated by the silk worms so far, they're really cool.

Back
Top Bottom