Mealworms colony

So why is perlite bad for insects to be on? The concern is really just impaction(which I've never seen happen, though I'd be careful with smaller chams). Certain fertilizers I can see, but even organic soil has fertilizers(doesn't mean they're necessarily dangerous)...
I just got a soil without perlite because it was… cheaper… 😆

As for fertilizers. I’ve used organic fertilizers with my chameleons plants, actually caught one of them eating the soil with the fertilizer and He was completely fine. As long as it’s organic and states it in BOLD you should be fine. I usually read ingredients as well. So insects with organic fertilizers should be fine. If you want to be super safe get organic soil made for veggies/edible plants. If it’s edible than it shouldn’t pose any danger to the chameleons/insects either.

Sifting would be sooo much easier, but I haven’t yet found or made a suitable tool for that. While tedious, I just pick them out. I dump a small amount at a time on a paper plate and pick out the worms that are big enough for me to see. If I were breeding larger amounts, I’d have made a sifting tool a priority.
You are braveeee. Gross. Lol 🤢🤮

You are braveeee. Gross. Lol 🤢🤮
You get use to pick bugs up lol!
C44452AD-9FFB-4A7A-B61C-7B38B7BFCE1F.jpeg

But i also keep a far larger species of reptile than most chams and have sold to monitor keepers

Back
Top Bottom