Split lip on chameleon

Cutechameleons

my chameleon recently fell and seems to have split his inner lip? It’s nothing too bad and definitely doesn’t seem like it’s anything life threatening as of now. I’m worried it could turn into something worse. It’s a very small cut and it did bleed a little but I’m worried about it still. Will this heal on its own? He has never gotten hurt before so I’m not entirely sure how to deal with it. A response would be so helpful.

Unfortunately it’s only a small cut on the inside of his mouth near the edge, I don’t want to stress him by opening his mouth again. If I do I’ll try and get photos. It doesn’t seem like something to worry about and may heal on its own but I’m just nervous. I’ll try to get photos of i can

Unfortunately it’s only a small cut on the inside of his mouth near the edge, I don’t want to stress him by opening his mouth again. If I do I’ll try and get photos. It doesn’t seem like something to worry about and may heal on its own but I’m just nervous. I’ll try to get photos of i can
Keep a really close eye on it when your feeding. That way you can tell if there is discoloring or oozing. Any sign of either and you want to get into a reptile vet for treatment.

Back
Top Bottom