Spike Lazy Tongue?

Yessabub

Established Member
Since he turned into an adult he has become Lazy with using his tongue when he eats out of his cup he preety much picks them up with his mouth just barely using his tongue to stick it. Same thing if i hand feed him he will shoot just a little bit but he seems like he doesnt trust it or something and he hesitates a lot and eventually he will just walk right up to my hand and preety much grab it out of my hand with his mouth. Im wondering is he just a lazy cham or is something wrong. Nothing seems wrong to me he seems like he just prefers not to use his tongue.

I take it you have been supplementing him correctly. Sometimes not being able to shoot he tongue could be a sign of MBD. not saying that is what is wrong especially if all your husbandry is correct. I noticed you are not a newbie and a senior member so I am sure you know the drill!!! Like you said, maybe he is just getting lazy!

sometimes if you cup feed of hand feed a lot the cham will develop a lazy tongue. I would start free ranging his feeders so it forces him to use his tongue. But just in case.. What's your dusting schedule.

Ive primarily cup fed for ages, and there's no "lazy tongue" here.

I would be more inclined to question your gutloading and supplementation, because vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause loss of good tongue function.

Both of my chams are handfed and Amy is sometimes cup fed (I can't touch roaches, lol) and they don't have any tongue issues. I vary the distance between them and the food anyway.

Back
Top Bottom