Spiders

chameleon guy

okay some of you have seen my other thread about ''variety''. I was told daddy long legs are no-nos. I also know black widow is bad too. But what about jumping spiders or at least if their are any non-toxic spiders that can't harm chams in any way.

okay some of you have seen my other thread about ''variety''. I was told daddy long legs are no-nos. I also know black widow is bad too. But what about jumping spiders or at least if their are any non-toxic spiders that can't harm chams in any way.

I won't feed spiders to my chams period! Stick with Supers, Dubias, Silks, Horns, Phoenix worms & Flies

Generally speaking, spiders are off limits. If you mean harvestmen (single pill-shared body segment) when you say daddy long legs, i believe yes you can feed these to chameleons. There are so many alternatives that risking with a spider seems unnecessary to me.

ALL spiders have some amount of venom, and it affects different creatures very differently.

My adult male veiled actually died of a spider bite, and it was some common variety of brown house spider. There were two puncture marks on his neck, and swelling. He died within one day after I noticed the swelling, and then when I cleaned out his cage, of course there was this little inconspicuous brown spider.

especially if you feed baby chams spiders, BIG no-no, i think of spiders as alcohol to chams, you give em too much and they will get poisoned. (trust me i know)

Back
Top Bottom