Spiders

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
I know it depends on type but what about spiders on the menu? Are there any that are safe for chams to eat?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but do spiders add any nutritional value comparable to crickets, roaches, moths etc. to chameleons? I'd imagine since they're more secondary consumers, they aren't. But adding them to your Chams variety of feeders wouldn't hurt I guess.

False widow spiders might be an option. Stay away from anything poisonous of course, just to be safe.

From the research I've seen spiders make up a large majority of wild chams diet. I can't see it being anything BUT beneficial, scary AF none the less....While spiders don't TOTALLY freak me out, I'm not all about letting them crawl around on me STARING &BEGGING my cham to eat him off of me!!!😵🤢☠ I guess MAYBE I could get like one or two? But it's tough cuz I'm still getting used to roaches on me so idk 😬

I'm all about trying to replicate the wild, eventually I do wanna get into the bioactive world but Im hesitant and anxious about doing it. I feel like I already have enough to manage!

I dont know how you do it... I ordered some dubias the other day and they ended up being way bigger than I planned. And now I don't know what to do with them, they creep me out so much and I can hear them in the tub crawling around. 😨😰😩

Lol, they creeped me out pretty much when I first got them. Dubia are small, sluggish, and chill compared to most of them. When I go in the bug room they all come out and scratch at the sides because they know its feeding time. It's so loud 😆

Back
Top Bottom