Spiders...infestation

So I've got a spider infestation going on outside on my free range. I thought they were spider mites but they are visible by the naked eye... I'm not sure what they are but I tried checking for mites by holding a piece of paper under the tree and shaking a branch. So I did that and out fell a little spider and then I noticed more babies on the same branch. I have no idea what type but I saw a bunch of them when they were little but I thought they were ants :confused:

photo (73).JPG

That looks like your standard house spider.
I have them all over the house. They actually are a good thing, as long as they stay out of the cham cages.
They take care of the escaped cricks :D

So I've got a spider infestation going on outside on my free range. I thought they were spider mites but they are visible by the naked eye... I'm not sure what they are but I tried checking for mites by holding a piece of paper under the tree and shaking a branch. So I did that and out fell a little spider and then I noticed more babies on the same branch. I have no idea what type but I saw a bunch of them when they were little but I thought they were ants :confused:

View attachment 97806
I hate these things! I,ve been spraying a peppermint extract and mild Dawn soap mixed with water spray in the corners of my room to combat these little bas....ds
This seems to help. But I still find tiny ones up in the corners of the room.
I asked this the other day but didn't get any answers.

Every year I have lots and lots of ladybugs. They get in to the house. That's just the way it goes. I have never had a spider problem ever!
This spring NO ladybugs None! And low and behold spider problem.
Has anyone else noticed a lack of lady bugs I live in SE PA

Thanks

I agree it looks like the common house spider AKA Yellow Sac Spider. I HATE those nasty things!!! FYI…they are venomous and aggressive. I had an infestation once and when I tried to eliminate them they actually ATTACKED me:eek: Be careful ;)

Back
Top Bottom