Spider ID

cloverthechameleon

Avid Member
Anyone have an ID on this spider ? Located in Vancouver BC 97BA09AA-3511-4CFE-8721-729FD4932423.jpeg 97BA09AA-3511-4CFE-8721-729FD4932423.jpeg 14CC50FB-D0FD-4263-8165-55AD8B2062A3.jpeg

After further searching online I was considering that as a possibility, as well. But I am thinking better safe than sorry.
I flipped it over and I can confirm there is no red hour glass. I killed it before I got a chance to take a pic. These have been popping up around my feeders bins. Any solutions?

I flipped it over and I can confirm there is no red hour glass. I killed it before I got a chance to take a pic. These have been popping up around my feeders bins. Any solutions?

You can try spreading diatomaceous earth (I think Josh's Frogs Bug Blade is made from this) around the bins, and/or spray any spiders you see with vinegar.

Failing that you can give this a try:

88fd1768624e9819d6127c3a5f2c6283.jpg

I get both, where I live quite often. IMO, the only way I can tell is the hourglass. I have also been fooled before.

I would still always assume its a widow, not worth the chance assuming otherwise.

The Bite doesn't feel good...

This Crazy mofo, will show you that, he would be in my state too lololol.

Edit: He, who lets all kinds of stuff bite him, is scared to let the widow bite him and doesn't push it... I thought he got bit :(.

Last edited:
I get both, where I live quite often. IMO, the only way I can tell is the hourglass. I have also been fooled before.

I would still always assume its a widow, not worth the chance assuming otherwise.

Edit: He, who lets all kinds of stuff bite him, is scared to let the widow bite him and doesn't push it... I thought he got bit :(.

That guys a nut.

the black widow bite is a joke compared to some of the things that bit him. He got bit by a centipede and a bullet ant, so a black widow is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom