Sperm plugs? Normal?

KhameleonMomz

Established Member
08C1C7C6-8AC7-4AA3-9FC1-73A792DC06D5.jpeg
74BA019F-B33A-4861-99CF-6B850F8E5DCD.jpeg

I
641E1A2C-B6FE-41E2-BFBB-D37E69A4FC62.jpeg

I’m not sure if this is normal or not? Nothing is protruding and I’ve done the warm bath to “loosen” anything but his butt feels kind of hard but squishy too. I’m not sure if it’s an issue in which I need to remove them? And if so how? We do have a personal exotic vet dr for him. I just need some advice, it’s been going on for about 3 weeks.

Ehh tbh i would avoid pulling it out, He SHOULD be able to get out himself, I worry that "stresses" them more than anything?Stress is like a big killer of chams right🤷‍♂️ so what are your humidity levels like? Temps? Do you have multiple points where these are measured?

Also can you point it out in your pictures? 🤔 I'm having a hard time seeing anything, so I really wouldn't stress over it🤷‍♂️

Edit: I see it in the 2nd one only

Ehh tbh i would avoid pulling it out, He SHOULD be able to get out himself, I worry that "stresses" them more than anything?Stress is like a big killer of chams right🤷‍♂️ so what are your humidity levels like? Temps? Do you have multiple points where these are measured?
Humidity is 65-75%, more humid in the mornings, basking temp is 80-90, lower temp is 75-80, nighttime temp is 65-70. He has thermometers on the top and bottom of his cage.

What is warm to you is much hotter to them. Room temp water is really recommended.
Also, like said, stress is a big deal for chameleons and baths arent very good for them, so I personally wouldnt bathe him anymore.
I’ve only bathed him the one time when I really couldn’t get the plugs and it was starting to swell his butt. This didn’t look like a plug to me though and it seems like it’s normal then so no baths!😁

Humidity is 65-75%, more humid in the mornings, basking temp is 80-90, lower temp is 75-80, nighttime temp is 65-70. He has thermometers on the top and bottom of his cage.

My boy has kinda had this problem before, but he manges to get them out on his own by pushing his 😳*** out and rubbing against the plants/sticks/whatever else he can rub his junk on 🤣
Avoid high daytime humidity, should be 50-70% at most.
Nighttime is when you want it humid
100% if you can achieve it. I hope this helps! 🍻🍻🍻

Last edited:
Avoid high daytime humidity, should be 50-70% at most.
Nighttime is when you want it humid
100% if you can achieve it. I hope this helps! 🍻🍻🍻
Daytime humidity for veileds should be 30-50%. Never 60 or 70.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom