species similarities

Kaizen

Chameleon Enthusiast
Just thought I’d share some personal data. I keep all my chams outside for 5-6 months a year (depending on the weather). In winter, I bring them all into my greenhouse. Obviously this means that I’m keeping them all in relatively similar conditions. Outside, their temps are the same, as is their humidity. Inside the greenhouse their temps are the same, as is their humidity. The species I keep are calyptratus, pardalis, jacksonii jacksonii, Jacksonii xantholophus, and soon parsonii parsoni. Here’s the temps they’ve all seen this year (outside) : low 3 degrees Celsius; highs 34 degrees Celsius. To be sure, I’ve tweaked things so the heat sensitive Jackson’s can escape the heat with moist soil floors and plenty of coverage, but all of my chams have this. This includes a clutch of 17 baby xanths.
In the greenhouse, I drop my nighttime temps to 8 degrees Celsius, every night...for everybody. I keep the daytime temps at 23-24 degrees and rely only on the heat from the t5 fixtures for basking (usually hits 27/28ish).

Just some data...

Back
Top Bottom