special plant....

jboychyn

i know this is a touchy subject...butttt
my friend has his chameleon in a cage with a marijuana plant.
he has it in there for the lighting...i told him it might not be good if he ate it.
does anyone have any insight on this subject so i can better inform him:)

i know this is a touchy subject...butttt
my friend has his chameleon in a cage with a marijuana plant.
he has it in there for the lighting...i told him it might not be good if he ate it.
does anyone have any insight on this subject so i can better inform him:)

I laughed :D, rolled my eyes:rolleyes: and then shook my head :confused:

What species cham? Veileds are the only ones that eat vegetation though some panthers have been known to nibble. If it is not a veiled I doubt it would consume enough to do any harm, But if it is a veiled I would definitely remove it and use a safe plant. I am sure opinions will vary on this so be prepared. If he got busted would they confiscate the cham as evidence? ;)

haha, yea when i saw it i rolled on the floor laughing, its a female veiled, about 8 mo. old.
i dont know how long the plant has been in there.
i just don't want to see her get sick or anything.
i told him its probably not safe, but i'd like to have reasons and be able to explain it to him.
he does have great husbandry and she is really healthy. this is the only thin that i question about him...lol

Here's the point I think theyll really take a tad bit more to heart...

ALL reptiles carry Salmonella bacteria in their digestive track, which come out in their feces and any discharge from the vent. This is going to be on a plant, that I'd assume will eventually end up either, ingested by the person, or smoked where its contents will be not only near the mouth, inhailed, but again, with risk of being ingested while smoking. The risk is fairly minimal, however there is potential for salmonella poisioning.

the resin can hurt there eyes . know med growers that have panther I sold them . they had to clean the resin out one of his eyes . when they lite him on there flowering plants . it took them a week to clean it out total ! but after that they put him in a cage and is doing great under the same lighting . I use some smaller salt water size halide 175 250 400 . got to place them just right !!!! nothing help better during all that clouded time in the northwest . live in portland OR . good luck jeremy

I do not know about reptiles. I humans it can be fatal. When smoking it would be hard to reach the overdose line. The fact is you will develop a headache or pass out which will stop you from doing any more. If you consume it directly it takes very little to kill you.

I would worry about his chameleon's health for other reasons. The lighting is sub standard to even attempt to grow good weed. With the misting and lack of lighting to evaporate the water that stays in the buds I see fungus and mold developing. The chameleon will be exposed to this in a some what restricted air enviroment 24/7.

Take some advice from a guy who did four years for interstating narcotics, stay away from this guy or at least limit your interactions with him. If you know about it then he has broken "the code". That is a no, no.

Yeah just imagine all the beautiful wasted buds full of chameleon turds, not to mention the health risks mentionned above.

same room, sure. same cage, not so sure...

Back
Top Bottom