Special needs Chameleon.

KylieT

There is a special needs cham at my local petstore
She's a female veiled Cham about six months old. She was in some sort of accident (no one seems to remember what) and she seems to have a neurological disorder. When she is freaked out she "twists" and rolls be it on branches or on the bottom. She stays bright green and has no indicator that she is stressed beyond that. I watched her today walk on the branches like a normal cham and roll on the bottom of the enclosure on her back with her feet straight up and grab onto the branches with her feet to pull herself along the bottom. She uses all of her limbs, hunts, and uses her tail fine, nothing is visibly wrong with her.
She doesn't seem to be in pain. She also looks fine. The woman that bred her held her for the extra months to make sure that she was fine besides this behavior and she wants her to go to a good home.
Does anybody have any ideas what this could be?

I can not diagnose the neurological problem.
But I do hope they don't expect you to pay for it. It would be wonderful for them to give this cham to you so that you can help it live a good life. Thank you for wanting to care for a special needs cham :)

I can't either I was just curious to see if anyone had experience with anything similar.

I can't take care of her. There's like no feasible way. :(:(:( She's free, they just want it to be to an experienced home. If I could find someone on here who would want her I would talk to the store owner. She would prefer for someone to come and get her personally but I think we could talk about shipping her, She's strong we just worry about her getting in the container and "twisting" her whole way to the new home.

hello

hello, i used to have a male veild a long time ago. currently i have a faly and a ambilobe... the only thing is i live in Alberta canada in Medicine Hat. i know its close to montana... but i dont think chams can come across the boarder can they?

She sent her to a doctor in Orlando where I bet she will have a long and happy life.

As was stated we have found a home for the chameleon, but thanks to those that showed an interest in her. Your compassion for chams in need shows a lot about your character. :)

Back
Top Bottom