Spartacus has a new crib...check it out.

Auntbee86

Hello, as you all know I had built an enclosure out of wood and metal screen a while back. well being on eof the first things I've ever built I wasnt to sure on what or how these things worked and the bottom was all gross and I noticed mold and it was basically falling apart so with like $50.00 in my pocet I went to my local Home Depot and got all my supplies...pvc, thick plastic garden mesh, a concrete mixing tub and to tractor supply for chicken wire and to walmart where an old lady basically gave me free plants. :) I got to work and waalaa a new cage for my little man, Spartacus. The total height is about 5 1/2 -6 foot tall. the inside of the cage is about 4 ft 5 in and its 3 foot across and 2 foot wide. its a pretty good setup. Its not the prettiest thing I have in my house but to Spartacus its freakin sweet. I build a stand that the whole cage sits on top of and I have a concrete muxing tub thats 2 ft x 3ftx 8in and I slide it under cage inside the stand and it holds any water or droppings which is very convenient. The whole things being hold together by zipties and I screwed screws into the joints for extra support. I have that white celing tile thing its like a grid with about 1/2 - 1in size holes its for lighting like flourescents or something...idk. and i just have a simple frame of pvc pipes and connectors. I used chicken wire as my top so the lights can sit on there and not melt or burn anything but its not accessiable for him to get to them. I got my mister from Mast king in the back right corner and I have a feeding cup type thing on the left...yes its a half gallon jug cut down the side which his crickets fall into all the time. he doesnt mind. I have a pothos plant hanging, and two umbrella plants..the smaller one I've had for awhile and its his fav type of plant so I got him a new huge one which the old lady at walmart gave me for $4.00...it was labeled for like $15..whatever and I've just got branches and fake vines all over. I was just shocked I only spent $50.00 total for everything. He seems very happy and has just been walking all over everything checking it out. It still doesnt look 100% perfect but I work alot and only had 2 days off so its fine. I've posted pics below. enjoy. If you have questions or comments plz post. :-D

img0703s.jpg

By auntbee86 at 2011-03-20
img0702m.jpg

img0692jp.jpg

img0695k.jpg

img0697jr.jpg

img0704o.jpg

thanks everyone!! yea it was pretty easy to make I shopped around to get cheaper prices. hes getting big now n lovin the big space. :)

Back
Top Bottom