Southwest Florida wild chameleons

gabeswfl

Hey everyone. I’ve been seeing people on Facebook catching chameleons in Florida and I read online that there were some in sw Florida too. Anyone know or any spots I can search? Me and my brother really wanna go find some we catch iguanas sometimes but the chameleons look way cooler.

Honestly, it really isn’t a terribly safe past time. Many of the ‘wild’ chameleons in S Florida are being farmed and there’s risk of being shot at. Not to mention, while it may be fun to catch iguanas, tegus and other animals, it is not fun for the animals AND since these are considered invasive species, I believe once you catch them, it’s illegal to set them free again. Best to just leave them all alone.

Nobody has going to give out their spots. Make sure you don’t trespass as people get shot over this
Yea I’m looking for a public location I don’t wanna go on private property. I heard a lot of people drive down the road looking for them.

Honestly, it really isn’t a terribly safe past time. Many of the ‘wild’ chameleons in S Florida are being farmed and there’s risk of being shot at. Not to mention, while it may be fun to catch iguanas, tegus and other animals, it is not fun for the animals AND since these are considered invasive species, I believe once you catch them, it’s illegal to set them free again. Best to just leave them all alone.
I think ima keep looking for them. Thanks for the warning tho

No it's not, chameleons get stressed easily and it's not healthy

Lol I think it’s fine. It’s not like I would be handling them for hours. the chameleon isn’t going to be harmed. I have read documents about FWC going into an area collecting hundreds of chameleons and killing them all. That sounds pretty stressful for the chams. I think what I’m trying to do would be a lot better for the cham.

Better for the chameleon, or you? Better for the chameleon would be leaving it alone. Maybe observing and taking photos from a distance, instead of catching.

Fyi catch and release is stressful for fish too. Ever have a hook in you?

I feel like you came to the wrong site to be asking about where to catch chameleons.

Listen if anyone wants to help me find some lmk I don’t need to hear all this crap about harming the chameleon because I know that’s not gonna happen. Y’all are some babies lol

Listen if anyone wants to help me find some lmk I don’t need to hear all this crap about harming the chameleon because I know that’s not gonna happen. Y’all are some babies lol
Babies? Lol grow up before you come on a forum calling people babies because you get hit with facts. Stick to your kid games and find a Facebook forum to talk your crap to. This is for serious members only. Good day to you

Babies? Lol grow up before you come on a forum calling people babies because you get hit with facts. Stick to your kid games and find a Facebook forum to talk your crap to. This is for serious members only. Good day to you
Thanks for that buddy. I’ll find a forum that’s helpful instead of a bunch of people telling me I’m gonna hurt chameleons when I just want to observe them up close?
I would use other words but I was tryna stick to family friendly vocabulary cause y’all are some snowflakes.

Thanks for that buddy. I’ll find a forum that’s helpful instead of a bunch of people telling me I’m gonna hurt chameleons when I just want to observe them up close?
I would use other words but I was tryna stick to family friendly vocabulary cause y’all are some snowflakes.
And you're STILL on here crying to us. Just be mature. Shut it. And get out of here and go to your "helpful resources" leave us snowflakes alone with your whining.

Back
Top Bottom