Sounds

zero742

Ok so as I was falling asleep tonight(this morning) the thought came to me. I know everyone recommends keeping the cham a quiet environment, but has anyone ever tried using one of those nature sound generaters? Just curious. Just thought it might be an interesting idea to try. G'nite all!

Well, I think quiet means more of a traffic area. If they are not wild caught- they would not know that natural sounds mean home. For a captive, the sound of a washing machine or music (mine doesn't mind either) may be considered normal.
If you want to do it, go ahead, but I do not think it will have much of an affect. Write back if it does- I am currently researching enrichment practices- not much is known or done on reptiles, in one of my classes.

I don't think chameleons can hear, at least not like we do. They could pick up on vibrations from loud music or something similar.

Hi all

As brad has just stated it thought that chameleons cannot hear,some specie are known to vibrate ie ground dwelling chams which could be a form of communication

Neil

Back
Top Bottom