Sorting Worms from Wheat Bran

kgallego

Does anyone have a non-time consuming method for sorting either larger mealworms or small superworms from wheat bran?

Pulling them out one at a time with tongs is wrecking my schedule.

Oh yeah - and a screen sieve doesn't work BTW.

-Thanks-

Something else you can try, if the litter scoop doesn't work , is putting a small lid or container on top of the bedding. A bunch of them will gather underneath it. I keep a shallow deli container in my bin, when I pick it up there will always be a big group of them under it. :)

If the metal sieves don't work, kitty litter scoopers for sure.

We've also had luck using rabbit wire (we reinforce cricket tub lids with it) as a sifter for larger quantities.

-Jen

That's what I tested this morning, a colander. It worked perfect....but don't tell my wife, lol.

I understand perfectly. My husband does not want anything from my chams or their feeders in our kitchen. I have both a frig and a microwave for use with my critters. They are in the utility room. But some dishes and colanders are very useful , and there is a dishwasher in the kitchen. Hubby is at work during the day-----:)

I understand perfectly. My husband does not want anything from my chams or their feeders in our kitchen. I have both a frig and a microwave for use with my critters. They are in the utility room. But some dishes and colanders are very useful , and there is a dishwasher in the kitchen. Hubby is at work during the day-----:)

Love it! My husband said I can't put butterworms in the fridge so I told him he needed to buy one for the butters then...LOL!

lol, ill def give that a try, as i was also having a problem sorting out my worms

Yeah, I just dumped a scoop of worms and wheat bran in it, and shook it until all the wheat bran fell out. Worked like a charm.

Hahaha

Love it! My husband said I can't put butterworms in the fridge so I told him he needed to buy one for the butters then...LOL!

This is good, lol. I too have a separate fridge for my cham's.

Back
Top Bottom