Sorry to be a Broken Record

Like said it’s a vague memory, but then I’m wrong. Thought some creams do contain substances that could effect the chameleon.
I am sure it is possible. I just have never heard it here in the forum. @JacksJill is much more knowledgeable about this stuff though and would know if silver cream could effect appetite.

Like said it’s a vague memory, but then I’m wrong. Thought some creams do contain substances that could effect the chameleon.
I gave this a thought too, but then dismissed it. However, there is sulfa in the cream and topical medications are absorbed into the body. I would think that the amount absorbed wouldn’t be terribly significant though. But…(keep in mind I’m grasping at straws here) I suppose it could be possible for Pascal to be sensitive or even maybe a bit allergic to the sulfa. At least for us humans, sulfa is one of the most common allergies. But…for example I am allergic to sulfa (get awful stomach ache and hives) but have no problem using Silvadene cream (brand name & easier to spell). I think it might be more likely for the discomfort from the burns to be responsible along with her hormones kicking in.

So with the cream to reply to all of you, she was on silver cream and then on f10, showed the vet the cream I used before and then f10 and she was happy and would’ve suggested f10 herself. Said to use it for a couple weeks from the incident, I used it on P for 3 weeks and there was a massive improvement and she looks way better now and in reply to people wondering if she got it in her mouth, I was extremely careful and didn’t get it in her mouth. Funnily enough yesteday when I got back from the vet she ate 3 locusts and 2 today… why is P doing this to me 🥲 emotional damage from a chameleon!

On another note…
Someone spoke to me about their cham not laying eggs or some sort of medical situation/ problem and told me this … am I worrying for no reason now ?
So Pascal isn’t going to survive surgery? 🥲
96783535-5C0A-4A85-BD00-AFC3A29F8833.jpeg

I am so glad to hear she ate for you!! 💜Sounds like she is right on track.😊 hopefully she will lay soon without any issues momma🤞as you know in your heart you are doing great!

My thoughts on the comments to you about surgery is, maybe they lost a cham or reptile In surgery or they (chams) are tiny compared to humans so the risk is way higher being so small and fragile. That is just my guess- no expertise here!

I’m curious as to what f10 is though, I’ve never heard of it?

I am so glad to hear she ate for you!! 💜Sounds like she is right on track.😊 hopefully she will lay soon without any issues momma🤞as you know in your heart you are doing great!

My thoughts on the comments to you about surgery is, maybe they lost a cham or reptile In surgery or they (chams) are tiny compared to humans so the risk is way higher being so small and fragile. That is just my guess- no expertise here!

Really hope she keeps on with eating but if she doesn’t for a few days I’m glad she’s eaten today and yesteday but again vets said since she’s chirpy, bright and in no way lethargic I shouldn’t worry, she’s still drinking everyday which I’m happy about too

And yeah I totally understand that, it’s just difficult to read when people send things like that, really makes me overthink that the same thing will happen to Pascal .. however I’m not delusional that the same could happen to her too, ans yeah like you’re said they’re tiny animals, I suppose they have to be fit enough too to endure surgery 💜

Our vets over here prescribe f10 a lot apparently, I’ll try find a link to it !

Its putting them under anesthesia that is very dangerous. Their little respitory systems have a hard time with it. Pascal before you run her to a vet, remember what i told you about my little panther rescue, she laid the clutch over a three day period. Tiniest eggs i ever saw too! When i found the first eggs i immediately ordered hornworms. Not only for a treat, but to shoot them up with liquid calcium as i knew she would be depleted. i didnt want to stress her giving it orally after what she had been through. It did the trick too. She is very healthy now even the bad sunburn on her eye is almost gone and the burn on her tail is gone! Make sure you ask your vet about calcium amounts. Also, about eating, maybe pregnant reptiles get weird likes and dislikes like us human pregnant women. anything is possible so you might want to try some different feeders on her too. It is hard when they dont talk, isnt it!

So glad to hear your sweetheart ate. :) Honestly, please don’t listen to the fear mongers on social media. Your lovely lass is most likely not going to have any problems when it’s time to lay eggs. While nothing is ever guaranteed, the odds are in your favor. Our views here may be a bit skewed as no one ever joins the forum just to say that their cham uneventfully laid a clutch of eggs. They’ll show up only when their cham is in trouble usually. Keeping chameleons, male and female, can be stressful enough even without social media fear mongers, so take some deep breaths and meditate on the beauty of your little honey.

5DD4109C-F939-4538-A572-B80B4B51D80E.jpeg

We’ve eaten 4 chunky silkworms, 1 waxworm and 2 locusts today, hand fed her which was eventful, she clearly wasn’t happy about it so left it at that, but left some more silk and calci worms and couple Dubia roaches in her enclosure in few different spots ! I feel like I should’ve counted how many I put in just to track if she’s actually eaten the ones I left in there 🤦🏼‍♀️❤️‍🩹

I’m away for 4 days with work and I wish I didn’t have to go, mums staying over mine everyday till I’m back to look after her, obviously made her aware of what’s going on but I’m feeling really guilty now that I have to leave p for a couple days! I have a cam set up and I’m glad she ate as much as she did today just before I left. It’s just hard at the moment 😔

I’m away for 4 days with work and I wish I didn’t have to go, mums staying over mine everyday till I’m back to look after her, obviously made her aware of what’s going on but I’m feeling really guilty now that I have to leave p for a couple days! I have a cam set up and I’m glad she ate as much as she did today just before I left. It’s just hard at the moment 😔
It’s good for the both of you, some rest for either 😉👍🏻

According to ultrasound she is not due for a couple weeks and since she resumed eating, if you have to go, its the perfect time. I am glad u have a camera setup i think you r doing an amazing job!

Back
Top Bottom