Sorry to be a Broken Record

pascal2023

Avid Member
So P still hasn’t layed, not sure if she will or not since the change in her diet and the fact she’s not refused to eat everyday this week … she’s only been drinking, despite this she still looks bright, big eyed and isn’t lethargic or sleeping during the day. But I’m genuinely worried, she’s being left alone, unless she’s being fed which is only a moment of annoying her while I put food in her feeder pot.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I don’t know why she’s not laying if she needs to lay, the nearest appointment I managed to get at the vet is 13th Dec. I know I’ve spoke about all of this alot the last couple weeks and sorry about that, it’s just really worrying and i don’t want her to take a sudden turn.

If anyones had this problem before and has been to the vet about it, what can I expect?

We had a silk worm and calciworm delivery today .. finally ! I thought they might peak her interest and get her to eat so left her to it with them … she hasn’t touched a single one. Took them out to guy load them all again until tomorrow. But after lights out she had a nice long drink

So P still hasn’t layed, not sure if she will or not since the change in her diet and the fact she’s not refused to eat everyday this week … she’s only been drinking, despite this she still looks bright, big eyed and isn’t lethargic or sleeping during the day. But I’m genuinely worried, she’s being left alone, unless she’s being fed which is only a moment of annoying her while I put food in her feeder pot.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I don’t know why she’s not laying if she needs to lay, the nearest appointment I managed to get at the vet is 13th Dec. I know I’ve spoke about all of this alot the last couple weeks and sorry about that, it’s just really worrying and i don’t want her to take a sudden turn.

If anyones had this problem before and has been to the vet about it, what can I expect?

We had a silk worm and calciworm delivery today .. finally ! I thought they might peak her interest and get her to eat so left her to it with them … she hasn’t touched a single one. Took them out to guy load them all again until tomorrow. But after lights out she had a nice long drink
Hopefully she starts to lay! Sometimes females cane be too much trouble :(

I’m not convinced she’s ready just yet to lay eggs. I still think more that she’s having her first receptive period. However, for a veiled girl to not eat anything for so long is a concern and something has to be going on. How long since she’s pooped? Had you removed all of the artificial plants? Have you double checked her basking temps?

I’m not convinced she’s ready just yet to lay eggs. I still think more that she’s having her first receptive period. However, for a veiled girl to not eat anything for so long is a concern and something has to be going on. How long since she’s pooped? Had you removed all of the artificial plants? Have you double checked her basking temps?
She just doesn’t look big at all, I know that doesn’t mean anything and I’d love to weigh her, haven’t done it in 2 weeks now because she’s too stressed out and don’t really want to handle her. So I can’t tell the difference at the moment and she pooped about 3 days ago, so she must’ve had something to eat except it was about a pea size of poop and urate size is about the same, although small it’s not orange.

All my artificial plants have been removed now, did that about 3/4 days ago and her basking temps are perfect, I just don’t understand… I keep thinking the reason she’s not eating could be worms or temp but as I said temp is fine and she was recently checked for worms. Really strange, hopefully I’ll get some answers on Tuesday 💚

I’m really hoping and praying that it’s nothing wrong with your beautiful sweet girl. Have you noticed if she’s been nibbling at her plants recently? Just wondering if she’s maybe ’snacking’.

I’m really hoping and praying that it’s nothing wrong with your beautiful sweet girl. Have you noticed if she’s been nibbling at her plants recently? Just wondering if she’s maybe ’snacking’.
She’s definitely not a vegetarian lol, I’m kidding but no she doesn’t eat any of her plants 😕

I had no idea my rescue had eggs til she quit eating completely for about 4 days then i saw two eggs on the floor of the cage next to the lay bin. Later she laid 8 more then the next day one. i spike with a breeder and some ladies wont use a laybin as they think the floor is the cage is the forest floor. He also said first clutches can take longer, like with humans! Eggs maybe pressing against her stomach making her feel full but she just isnt ready yet. Calm down and try to let nature take its course. I have always felt that animals like children look to their parent on how to feel so your stress may be stressing her out and i know you dont want that! I was a nervous wreck too! Lol after talkIng to the panther breeder i made an extension for the bottom of her cage with rocks then soil then plants then 50/50 on the backside and bolted the cage to it..now the whole bottom is a forest floor so no more confusion i hope. She seems to like hunting on the bottom now as the smaller crickets hang out there. the ex periment seems to be working and she loves it. I know you r worried but i think everything will be ok. I will say prayers for u both! :)

Okay so her burns are fine, she had a scan and she’s carrying eggs however they’re tiny at the moment, so was told to give it 2 weeks and if she hasn’t layed or anything by then to bring her in for possible surgery, next time I got in 2 weeks for a check up wether she’s layed or not she’s going to have bloods and another parasite test done … lol that’ll be the 4th parasite test in 4 months 😂 she’s 142grams now and been told to weigh her every other day wether she likes it or not ans been told not to worry if she’s not eating, she’s been so good for the vet and I just get attitude lol I see how it is! I can breathe for a couple weeks now 🥲😂❤️

While I remember The mentioned if I wanted to syringe feed Pascal but left no details with that, has anyone syringe fed their cham as an option ? I imagine it would stress them out big time

Back
Top Bottom