Sorry, Another question...

TikiTimer

I am still trying to decide on what to get a veiled, or a panther...

So I was wondering, What is everyones opinion on what is more Hardy....

I know their husbandry is a lot a like...And I already have owned a veiled...Which was great...So should I just stick with what I am familiar with? Or are Panthers pretty Hardy too? I mean I know no chameleon is EASY to take care of...and I know all are very delicate...I just have not had experiance with a Panther...

Any help will be great!:eek:

I have never owned a panther but i do LOVE my veiled scooter :) hes my baby. and its funny how much personality they can have.

I dont think there is really a real anwser to that question. It boils down to personal prefrence. Both are very hardy. I have seen some MONSTER panthers, and seen MONSTER vieleds. Either is going to be equally as rewarding for you IMO.

The only reason i would say get a panther is because you havent had one yet- there is no like, cut in stone reason why one is better or worse than another. Whats better, apples or oranges... there is no anwser.. its personal prefrence.

I started the thread R.I.P. Kahuna....

He died just Tuesday, He was about 5 :(

Sorry I made another Thread..It was kinda depressing me to write in that one anymore...

I got good info there too...So Thanks to eveyone that replied and gave their condolences in that past thread....I just wanted to not have to open up that one anymore...Sorry

Ok, I had a feeling it would just boil down to preferance...I was just making sure that Panthers didnt have some really hard to take care of reputation, haha I have been doing a lot of research on them, But just wanted to ask for peoples personal experiances with them you know? That is sometimes just as important as book knowledge!

Overall panthers and vieleds seems to sorta fall into the same category - very similar husbandry pratices, just different temps/humidity.

I think most people can agree that jacksons are typically a bit more difficult to keep healthy, I put them in a different category for "hardyness"

This might get some people mad but to me there's no comparing move up to a panther.

HQ12.jpg

pantherenclosures007.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

DSCN0512.jpg

Picture014.jpg

OM5.jpg

Last edited:
Veileds dont cost as much usually,panthers range from 300-500$ but their worth it:D I recomend contacting jenna from prismchameleons.com,idk if she has any available or not cause she hasnt updated the site,but give her an email,shes a really great breeder and good person,she works well with people in need of help.

I had a similar dilemma, price is of course a concern as veileds are more common..where I live that is. Available in more pet shops, etc. A panther can reach upwards of 300$+ , where the veiled is around 100$ roughly.

Ordered a new Cami!

Thank you everyone for your help and opinions!

I made an order yesterday and I am SO Happy and excited, I fell for another Vieled :rolleyes: He is 4 months old and is a Sunburst and Turquoise Cross, SO Pretty!

So I am going to start getting the cage all ready for him....I read that they shouldnt have bark in the bottom of their cage...So what do I put down there? Mine seemed to do alright for his lifetime with the bark....But, I dunno...What should I do?

And I know he should have a 5.0 UVA/UVB Light...But why not a 8.0?

Oh and Gorgeous Panthers Dean!

Anyway, Help me out!...This is what I love about owning a chameleon, Your ALWAYS learning something new!

Back
Top Bottom