Sookie Pics... Black Teeth?

SoCaliSon

Avid Member
Well I was looking through some pics from a bit ago and found these pics of Lombardi's GF Sookie. I remember noticing a while back that her teeth seemed black. Well when I saw a couple of these pics I really started to wonder abut it... Her Teeth ARE black!?!? I didn't post this in the Health section as I really don't think that there is anything wrong with her/them. They look like normal teeth accept for the color, no visible rotting or anything of the sort. She behaves like a happy healthy female veiled. I searched the forum and didn't find much about this ... Any thoughts? Anyone else seen anything like this?

100_0611.jpg

100_0603.jpg

100_0608.jpg

Thanks!
Joe

Have you ever used any meds in her mouth? Some meds will turn the teeth black. Are the top teeth black too? When Luie had that brown spot on his mouth the silvadine cream turned a few of his teeth black.

Last edited:
She has never had any kind of oral med... I will have to check the top teeth also... but I just assume they are the same.

Hey socal i have a female that has that too. I would like to know what causes this im not sure they haven't always been like that.:confused:

She has never had any kind of oral med... I will have to check the top teeth also... but I just assume they are the same.

You see guys thats what happens when you dont offer a tooth brush after dinner. LOL This has happened to us only when the female is gravid on receptive. We believe its from a lack of calcium in the body or it being depleted from the build up of eggs. This is all speculation never been tested or proved out by a vet. Other than that very nice female Socalson.

:confused: Can't help with the teeth I'm afraid. I just wanted to say how beautiful Sooki is. She has some wonderful markings on her. No wonder Lombardi came back for his girl!:D

You see guys thats what happens when you dont offer a tooth brush after dinner. LOL This has happened to us only when the female is gravid on receptive. We believe its from a lack of calcium in the body or it being depleted from the build up of eggs. This is all speculation never been tested or proved out by a vet. Other than that very nice female Socalson.

I thought about Calcium having to do something with it also. She was Gravid in the shot as well so that very well could be it. Thanks for sharing your observation.

~Joe

And thanks for the compliments... She is a great cham...

Some staining is normal but that is considerable in my opinion and could be the beginning of some perio problems. It never hurts to swab the gums and teeth out once in a while. I have a secret formula that I use from my vet,Dr. Stahl if you ever have teeth problems and gum infections.

Wow!

Wow, she is a good looking girl. I have nothing to offer on the teeth thing. I usually have some thoughts to offer. None in this case. Maybe she's smoking cigars or cigarettes when you aren't looking! Or chewing black licorice. Seriously, I'd be interested in any answers you get. She looks super healthy though. Lombardi is a lucky stud!

Thanks guys for your input!

Just wanted to see if anyone with anything to offer might have missed this... I am stumped.

I do believe that Sookie is showing off her beauty. This is very traditional in some cultures. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Some staining is normal but that is considerable in my opinion and could be the beginning of some perio problems. It never hurts to swab the gums and teeth out once in a while. I have a secret formula that I use from my vet,Dr. Stahl if you ever have teeth problems and gum infections.
Hi there Chuck G! I read your comment about the "secret formula" for the teeth and gums of your chameleon.. You wouldn't mind sharing that would you!?! I found this post as I was looking into why my veiled chams teeth look like the female cham in the above picture. I would greatly appreciate it!!

Back
Top Bottom