something wrong?

sativa420

Cage Type -30lx18dx36h
Lighting - 24inch 5.0 uvb florescent w/ 60 watt house bulb for basking. also taken out every other day or so for natural sunlight
Temperature - Under the basking high is 90 and away from basking is 78-82Humidity - they are aroun 50 and misting 3-4 times a day for about a 1 min.
Plants - fake vines, schefrella and ficus
Location - In our bedroom in a corner infront of window.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, 7 months, male.
Feeding - 10 crickets a day that are gutloaded with esu reptile gutload, carrots, alfalfa sprouts and brocoli. wax worms as treats every other week
Watering - misted for 2-3 min 5 times a day and weekly showers
Fecal Description - brown to black sold peices with white liquid that comes out with it
Current Problem - hasnt eaten in three days, always seems dark and hangs out on opposite side of cage as heat lamp or hes is brightly colored at top of cage. when hes at the top he trys to get out.

have you seen any nibbles in the fake plant veilds are none to eat vegitation. has he gone to the bathroom in three days. also does he seem listles. what are the temps with this heat wave are you usind digital or regular thermometers.do you have any substrate on the floor. does he show any intressed in the crickets.when in front of window the sun beats down on it and rapidly heats it up.

he also has been trying to eat the dirt in the plants. i do see some bites in the plants but not more than usual. window usually has blinds closed. tems are ok. i mist alot to keep humidity up plus my ac runs all day keeping it about 65-70 in the house. he has pooped but very little. and no no intrest in crickets. i usually can had feed him and when i try he just looks at them.

try something like mealworms or roaches he may jut be boored of the crickets i dont under stand when you say i do see some bites in the plants does that mean real or fake also does the dirt have any perlite or fertilizers in it if so change the dirt and add fresh sterilized pot soil.

silk worms are a good choice but be carfull not to over feed them they will regurgitate them. if he isint into crickets try roaches they are a much better stapple than silkworm inmo silkworms are real easy to over feed and they can make your cham quite fat.

Back
Top Bottom