Something stuck in butt!

nina091

Hi, so my chameleon is around 1 and a half years old and he’s had problems before with falling and hurting his arm but that’s all solved now but now i’ve come across something I can’t figure out. It’s kinda hard to explain but it seems that something is stuck in his butt and I can’t get it out, it’s a bump with dried up stuff around it and looks inflamed. I’ve talked to a vet tech and they told me to bring him in but I don’t have $130 to bring him in not including extra stuff they’d charge me for. He has a very large screen tank with many places to climb on and he eats normal I switch up meal worms and crickets and on special occasions horn worms and their all sprayed with calcium (I have a calcium spray) and he has been having normal bowel movements. I’ve noticed he’s been scratching his butt on things, I’m just confused because I gave him mineral oil to see if it was constipation and it didn’t do anything, I’ve soaked him in warm sugar water and regular water and even tried pulling most of it out (vet instructed) I am just at a loss for what to do now because it has not gotten better and I don’t want to hurt him or do something wrong. Please ask any questions you have Im positive it’s not a calcium or food or enclosure issue he’s a very normal chameleon I just love him so much and will try anything to help him. I’m just praying it’s not a prolapse but he’s had this for about a week or more so i’m unsure.

Attachments

• DDA66A8B-76E3-433F-8F06-2128B1C3AF26.jpeg
    DDA66A8B-76E3-433F-8F06-2128B1C3AF26.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 209
She said it’s been like that for a week. It’s going to need a vet to decide is surgery is needed to remove the dead tissue. Once the tissue drys out it essentially dead and can become necrotic and kill the Chameleon
yeah I just seen the pic , it looks really dry !!! it doesn't look like it was bad prolapse either , maybe if it was caught on time sugar water may have helped . That's why its important to make visual inspections daily !!

Since we are on the topic of prolapse, I had an interesting convo about vitamin a deficiency been linked to penile prolapse. Thoughts??

That looks like a prolapse you need to take him to the vet
You have no idea how bad I want to but I’m out of work due to a back injury and legitimately have no money! I’m really sad that I can’t take him but so did take him to a very trusted reptile shop and they’ve been helping me and told me it was just his penis, and they told me to soak him and push it back in, any thoughts?
That looks like a prolapse you need to take him to the vet

I would say don't be trying to pull that out. It doesn't look like something that should be pulled out. A vet visit is recommended...as you've already been told.
I’m not trying to pull it out anymore but when I was it almost looked like how their pee does when it’s still moist how it can kinda rip apart, i’ve now started trying pushing it back in but it’s not moving.

Since you don't know what it is for sure I would quit trying to push it in or pull it out. The most I would be doing is giving it a sugar soak and if it doesn't retract with that get him to a vet. I know you said you have no money but either call the vet and see if he'll let you do a payment program or something.....and if that's a no go...find a rescue that could take him for you so he can get proper treatment. While you're waiting to get it to a vet or rescue I would put some K-Y jelly on it ( NOT Vaseline) to keep it moist so it won't go necrotic and need even more treatment.

Hi, so my chameleon is around 1 and a half years old and he’s had problems before with falling and hurting his arm but that’s all solved now but now i’ve come across something I can’t figure out. It’s kinda hard to explain but it seems that something is stuck in his butt and I can’t get it out, it’s a bump with dried up stuff around it and looks inflamed. I’ve talked to a vet tech and they told me to bring him in but I don’t have $130 to bring him in not including extra stuff they’d charge me for. He has a very large screen tank with many places to climb on and he eats normal I switch up meal worms and crickets and on special occasions horn worms and their all sprayed with calcium (I have a calcium spray) and he has been having normal bowel movements. I’ve noticed he’s been scratching his butt on things, I’m just confused because I gave him mineral oil to see if it was constipation and it didn’t do anything, I’ve soaked him in warm sugar water and regular water and even tried pulling most of it out (vet instructed) I am just at a loss for what to do now because it has not gotten better and I don’t want to hurt him or do something wrong. Please ask any questions you have Im positive it’s not a calcium or food or enclosure issue he’s a very normal chameleon I just love him so much and will try anything to help him. I’m just praying it’s not a prolapse but he’s had this for about a week or more so i’m unsure.
If anyone would PLEASE help me I really wanna help him I’m out of work because I have to get a Spinal fusion surgery and I have $9 to my name and the last thing I wanna do is give him away because I love him way too much and I’m just keeping everything I do with him the same but if anybody would like to help me I feel ashamed for asking but anything will help so I can get him the right treatment and I can have my Dwight back :( venmo - @marie091

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom