Something strange in my house today!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I got up today to this long red thing in the doorway to my bedroom. I didn’t know what it was, I’ve never seen anything like it! I got a couple tissues and picked it up and found it had what looked like hundreds of legs! It was an inch and a half to two inches long and it was a millipede! I have no idea where it came from but knew it couldn’t have come with my feeder bugs because I’ve had them for a month and never seen this thing in their little tubs. Besides their tubs have latches on them and they’re always latched tight so no escapees. So anyway I took it outside and set it on the ground and then googled it. I know we have millipedes in Maine but I couldn’t seem to find this particular one but the article did say they live in rotting leaf litter and you don’t usually get them inside unless there are heavy rains. Well the tropical storm just came up the coast to us and we’ve had 2-3 days of very warm, humid days with lots of rain so the poor thing was trying to get out of the water I guess. Anyways, it was quite interesting. I wish now I had taken pictures but I didn’t think to in the moment and now he’s gone. Oh well.

I probably would have squished first, asked questions later. Aside from the bugs I intentionally keep, only the itty bitty house spiders in the garage are allowed in. During tropical storms and hurricanes, I get the nasty giant wolf spiders invading my home. 😱

I got up today to this long red thing in the doorway to my bedroom. I didn’t know what it was, I’ve never seen anything like it! I got a couple tissues and picked it up and found it had what looked like hundreds of legs! It was an inch and a half to two inches long and it was a millipede! I have no idea where it came from but knew it couldn’t have come with my feeder bugs because I’ve had them for a month and never seen this thing in their little tubs. Besides their tubs have latches on them and they’re always latched tight so no escapees. So anyway I took it outside and set it on the ground and then googled it. I know we have millipedes in Maine but I couldn’t seem to find this particular one but the article did say they live in rotting leaf litter and you don’t usually get them inside unless there are heavy rains. Well the tropical storm just came up the coast to us and we’ve had 2-3 days of very warm, humid days with lots of rain so the poor thing was trying to get out of the water I guess. Anyways, it was quite interesting. I wish now I had taken pictures but I didn’t think to in the moment and now he’s gone. Oh well.
Did it look like any of these?
https://www.google.com/search?q=hou...USCs0KHScXAegQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1024&bih=625

I ask myself that almost everyday. :ROFLMAO:
Was the last of my family in the north & moved to Fl to be near them. The first 5 years were nice, but now after 20, I’m so over it. Maybe can become a snowbird when I retire.
Michigan’s perfect for snow 😂 and summer would highly recommend it 😂. We’re here for vk but I would love to move here my family’s going to move to Europe in a year but we are trying to convince my mom to move to Michigan instead she loves it here but don’t know why she would rather uk

I ask myself that almost everyday. :ROFLMAO:
Was the last of my family in the north & moved to Fl to be near them. The first 5 years were nice, but now after 20, I’m so over it. Maybe can become a snowbird when I retire.
Makes sense! Well I hope you find somewhere you like. Switch with me, I'll take FL... you can take pittsburgh!

Pittsburgh is actually beautiful late spring through early fall, but god am I sick of only having like 5 months of decent weather out of the year.

Back
Top Bottom