Someone please help.

Wow, his eyes look 75% better. Glad he's using his tongue more too. Keep him well hydrated and fed, he still has a ways to go.

ONE suggestion I have it to keep him low to the ground. Don't give him any tall plants to climb. In his weakened state he could still fall off a branch and further hurt himself. Put some old towels on the bottom of his cage for padding in case he does fall.

When my last chameleon got weakened from his kidney issue, he eventually couldn't climb anymore. We kept him comfortable on the floor of his cage with a supply of towels which we changed every day, and a few branches on the bottom of the cage that he could grab onto.

He looks like he's doing a better job at climbing, so you hopefully won't have to go to that extreme, but still might be a good idea.

Normally , as everybody knows , I almost always respond with just smiley , only occasionally using words . But after reading this entire thread , I felt the need to do something else . So , with great respect for all you have done for that little guy , I made this for you . To the forum management , if I'm out of my bounds for something like this, I apologize .

chameleonloveraward.jpg

Normally , as everybody knows , I almost always respond with just smiley , only occasionally using words . But after reading this entire thread , I felt the need to do something else . So , with great respect for all you have done for that little guy , I made this for you . To the forum management , if I'm out of my bounds for something like this, I apologize .

chameleonloveraward.jpg

nicely done!

Wow, his eyes look 75% better. Glad he's using his tongue more too. Keep him well hydrated and fed, he still has a ways to go.

ONE suggestion I have it to keep him low to the ground. Don't give him any tall plants to climb. In his weakened state he could still fall off a branch and further hurt himself. Put some old towels on the bottom of his cage for padding in case he does fall.

When my last chameleon got weakened from his kidney issue, he eventually couldn't climb anymore. We kept him comfortable on the floor of his cage with a supply of towels which we changed every day, and a few branches on the bottom of the cage that he could grab onto.

He looks like he's doing a better job at climbing, so you hopefully won't have to go to that extreme, but still might be a good idea.

We have him on a low plant with towels all around just in case because we don't need an injury on top of this. Sorry to hear about your boy :/

chameleonloveraward.jpg

It seems completely perfect to me!! I will ask a moderator for you, ok?

Who do you take them in from? Negligent owners who won't do their research? You did a great job with that guy, he looks beautiful.

Totally cool update pic! There's a real cham looking out of those eyes now. Go Big Red!

There's nothing better than seeing a dying cham come back. I once brought home a female jax curled up dessicated, lying in my hand with eyes shut. She came from a mom and pop pet shop that was actually a very good one. They had originally bought a pair of jax to sell months earlier and I'd been in to see them often. They were not abused, but the shop was simply too warm and dry for them to do well. We tried various ways to re-do their setup, fix their husbandry, and the store did everything I suggested. When the male died I offered to take her home and they gladly agreed. She lay in my hand on the drive home and lay still in the sink as I gently sprayed her with warm Pedialyte until I had a setup ready. After a couple of weeks of force feeding, dropper liquids (this was before the liquid support stuff we have now), bug juice, and her own fogging fountain perch in my office, she began opening her eyes and moving on her own. A week later she was hunting and eating. A month later I took her back to the shop intending to give her back, but the store staff was so happy to see her alive they gave her to me outright. She lived for another year or so.

Last edited:

chameleonloveraward.jpg

This is really great.
All the support from this entire community has been so amazing.
Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom and hopes and prayers.

Back
Top Bottom