some weird behavior lately :S

kingjohn

hi all i have a male veiled whos around 2-3 years old now my girlfreind kept him since he was a baby and never realy took to handling, the older he got the more aggressive he got lol i recently brought him too my house ( around 3months ago) built him a new custom cage where all his needs are met as before he never had live plants and my girlfrend couldnt clean him cos he used to snap, now hes kept much better has better light real plants etc and he seems very very happy (thats the weird part) yesterday i put my hand in to feed him and he ignored the locust and jumped right on me! i couldnt belive it, his colours were bright green with lots of blue spots he didnt puff up or anything, once i put him back after about 15mins he just went back on his vine and seemed himself, then today again i opened the cage and he come flying over and back up my arm lol

this time when i put him back he kept goin back up to the glass trying to get out

i was thinking maybe its abit hot as the weather here is around 24 atm but surely he will just move from his basking spot he has lots of cover and loads of space, hes still eating fine

just seems over freindly all of a sudden and wondered if anyone else has expirenced this?

sorry for the huge post hope it makes sense as im rubbish at writing

thanks

john:)

some pics of him in his enclosure

P1050326.jpg

P1050318.jpg

its almost 4ftx2ftx2ft few inches smaller glass door, fake rock background, mesh roof and sides full

he has a normal light bulb to bask and a reptisun5.0 linear bulb for uv

Maybe he would like some free range time. You wouldn't have to set up lights or drippers as it could be for a couple of hours in the evening and let him sleep out. Then in the morning, put him back in for the daytime and start a routine. It's great that he has takin to you and you obviously have made him very happy. I have a real tree branch I cut that goes from the floor to the ceiling that has lots of branches for my guy to exercise on. I call it his "limb gym" and he falls asleep there. ;)

I doesn't sound like you have much to worry about. Have you checked the temperature and humidity? Is he eating & pooping? Unless there are problems in any of the above, I would say he is fine. How does his cage size compare to the one at your girlfriends house? That is everything I can think of. He sounds like he feels safe and wants to explore his world. That is a good thing.

Oh your writeing is a good as mine and better than a lot on here.:)

then today again i opened the cage and he come flying over and back up my arm lol

this time when i put him back he kept goin back up to the glass trying to get out

I don't think its that he "likes" you, but that his cage is still unfamiliar or he prefers being outside rather than inside it. He may trying to get back to some place familiar even if it wasn't as "nice" as his new home.

Judging by his size. I'd say hes prob just trying to catch a ride to prowl for a gf. But great cage build there man. I love the glass door with the screen sides and top. Thats what i'd like to do one day. Screen fronts suck for viewing.

He sounds like he just wants to spend some time roaming around your home.
I would let him out each time he does this for about an hour.

So how do you like being a taxi for your boy?

Harry

thanks alot :) didnt think it was nothing to worry baout if he eats and poss fine still, just was weird lol hes not done it in a couple days now seems bk to grumpy self i been hoping he will do it when someone else is about to get a few pics lol

thanks for the replies

atb john

Back
Top Bottom