Some Questions and Pictures of my New Panther Chameleon Morph!!!

keanenk

Hello everyone. Long time browser, first time poster (lol). I purchased my Panther Morph (sire is 75% Ambilobe with 12.5% Ambanja and 12.5% Nosy Be) from Kammerflage Kreations about a month ago and I couldn't be happier! I highly recommend purchasing from Liddy and the rest of the crew over there as the experience was fantastic and they have really competitive prices also.

I wanted to post some pics of Cammie! He's about 3.5 months now. I was wondering how he is looking considering his age? He gets those bands like in the pics sometimes and sometimes he is bright green (prominent when he is sleeping). I also posted a pic of his enclosure. The umbrella plant is raised up higher now so he can climb around by the UV light and bask in the warmer area if he chooses. The basking temp is around 90-93 max. There is also a pic of Cammie's sire at the end.

I just purchased a MistKing misting system so I can make sure he gets misted if I am out. I was wondering if he'll be OK with cold water being sprayed on him? I heat the water I normally spray him with. He definitely likes that much more than when I use cold water. I have an under the tank heating pad from a previous setup that I could probably put under the bucket, but I heard that mold could grow etc. What do you guys think?

I wanted to go over my dusting schedule really quick too. I am dusting only small crickets for now. I plan on integrating worms and other insects into his diet once he gets older (6 months+). This is how I have been supplementing:

2x/month Miner-All O
Everyday Rep-Cal Calcium
2x/month Rep-Cal Calcium WITH D3
2x/month Rep-Cal Herptivite

Does that look OK? I have been reading that it's important he gets a lot of supplements at his age. When he gets older, how should I supplement though? I know it should change depending on his age, but I am not sure how drastically.

Thanks in advance!

-Kenan

Pics...

Camster1.jpg

Camster2.jpg

Camster3.jpg

CamstersHouse.jpg

Camster%20Sire.jpg

Minerall O and repcal without d3 can be used just as frequently. Use whichever you prefer or both.

90 is quite hot. Most recommend keeping the basking temp at 80-83 for young babies to reduce the risk of burn (and it helps with hydration.)

Edit: also what kind of morph is the baby?

Edit2: are you using a digital thermometer? The analog type ones are known to be very inaccurate and therefore dangerous.

Welcome to the Forum Kenan!! I too have a Kammerflage cham and agree that Liddy is the best!!!! Congrats on your new chameleon! I hope he grows up to look like his daddy! Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, there are alot of great people on here to help you!

"Minerall O and repcal without d3 can be used just as frequently. Use whichever you prefer or both."

Interesting, I did not know that.

"90 is quite hot. Most recommend keeping the basking temp at 80-83 for young babies to reduce the risk of burn (and it helps with hydration.)"

The breeder actually said that 80 wasn't hot enough. He's not that young. He's 3.5 months. That's what I had it set at first. I can control the temp by bending his vine down a little bit, so I'll adjust that to bring the temp down a little.

"Edit2: are you using a digital thermometer? The analog type ones are known to be very inaccurate and therefore dangerous."

I'm using a digital temp with a probe on the basking spot. It's a good one. I made sure not to skimp on that ha. The analog meter on the wall is a hygrometer.

Thanks for the help.

Well if you feel safe with that temp then go ahead. Be extra sure he can't burn himself though. Don't leave the lamp directly on the cage. Babies tend to climb on the top sometimes and most of them tend not to move out of the way when they are burning/too hot. They don't feel pain quite the same way we do.

that is one intense panther morph cross. i also heard that morphs are larger in size than regular panthers. anyone know this for sure?

that is one intense panther morph cross. i also heard that morphs are larger in size than regular panthers. anyone know this for sure?

In my extremely limited experience, they grow a lot slower. I've been kept updated about the same clutch one of mine came from and they all seem a bit on the slower side. Then again, I suppose it could just be her clutch and the fact that she is around F4 or so without any new blood.

I've always heard sambavas tend to be on the larger side. Mine isn't, but a lot of other peoples' are huge! They can take a little longer to get there and color up though.

In my extremely limited experience, they grow a lot slower.

I don't know about that. Kami has been growing rampant! Granted, he's my first panther, so I am not 100% sure what the norm is. He at least doubled in size over the month I got him though. I'll make sure and update the post once he gets older to confirm.

Quick question though; How do I edit my original post? I don't see an edit button.

You can't edit your posts after a certain amount of time I believe.

Maybe they do indeed grow just as fast. I certainly don't know. I mean, my girl was a huge baby but is taking her time to get started on her lady colors and what not. Still small to me, but growing nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom