mouse

2010-11-16122614.jpg
[/IMG]
2010-11-16122424.jpg
2010-11-16122433.jpg
[/IMG]
2010-11-16122406.jpg
2010-11-16122413.jpg

Is is just the angle of the photo or does your cham have gular edema?(under its chin looks very strange) Could you post some more pics?

Last edited:
hey this is my first cham and im berly lerning whats a gular edema??
and i will take some pics tomorro...

It is an accumulation of fluid in the throat or neck area. Does it look like that all the time? How old is he and how long have you had him?

Well, I don't mean to alarm you but do you see what I see in the picture? It just does not look normal but again it could just be the angle of the photo. So you are saying, it does not look like that now. I know when they get fired up or upset they stick out their gular but that does not look like the case in that pic. I might be wrong, so just post some other pics to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
Try to get a pic of him tomorrow when he is awake. It is too hard to tell with him resting his head on a branch like that.

Hey Mouse - Randle looks cool! I love the picture where he's coming down the branch and staring at the camera lens! I think that's the one that carol noticed the gular edema initially but I kind of notice it in the other pictures as well. Not sure if anything to be alarmed about but there are definitely plenty of folks out here on CF that have a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience.

Thanks for sharing pics of Randle! Oh, I wanted to ask if you named him after the chameleon in Monsters Inc.?

ya but i spelled it difrently:)
worst case scenario if he did have gular edema what would happen to him? I dont want anything to happen to litto Randle =/
and just for future references what causes this infection? thanks much :)

Mouse, try not to be too upset. It might be nothing, but lets see what he looks like in the pics tomorrow and take it from there.

ya but i spelled it difrently:)
worst case scenario if he did have gular edema what would happen to him? I dont want anything to happen to litto Randle =/
and just for future references what causes this infection? thanks much :)

Gular edema can be fatal if not treated and is caused by over supplementation. Like carol said it could be the angle of the pic, but i can see what she means .

awe, I am so glad! He looks ok! I am sorry I might of had you worried. It was just the angle of the pic I guess.!!

Gular edema can be fatal if not treated and is caused by over supplementation. Like carol said it could be the angle of the pic, but i can see what she means .

It can be caused by other things as well. The article Carol posted is a good one.

Mouse, I do see a tiny bit of swelling. As Michael said, over supplementation can cause this. What is your dusting schedule like? Do you very lightly dust or coat the insects? How many insects do you dust? What supplements do you use and how often?

He looks good and I wouldnt be too worried about him. The first thing I would do is up his water intake and slack off on dusting a bit. Its not bad and there are far worse cases out there.

Back
Top Bottom