Some people just make me so mad!!

I am a reptile owner as most of you know. I own Chameleons, bearded Dragons, water dragons, anoles, Day gecko, williamsii and a couple snakes as well. I concider my self to be pretty knowledgeable about the animals I have along with some I dont. My husband and I have been keeping our eyes open for another Female Veiled Chameleon as well as looking at buying 2 panther chameleons once I have bought all their supplies for them. 3 weeks ago at our local pet store where I buy my feeder insects I found a beautiful Veiled Chameleon at the bottom of her tank. this bothered me and when I asked staff how much shes been down there they said it was the first time they seen her at the bottom. I told my husband about her when I got home and 2 weeks ago we went to look at her together. upon etering the store she was again at the bottom of the tank. when I asked the staff about her and if it was possible she could be gravid they said no she laid a clutch a month ago. Today however I went back to the pet store and again shes on the ground of the tank. after holding her. I noticed her grip was not very strong. I then brought it to the attention of the store owner. suggesting that she could have MBD and that he should get her to a vet to be safe. The store owner sluffed it off saying she must like the bottom of the tank. Now unitl now I concidered this pet store to be very informed and caring about their reptiles but this appalled me. It wasnt the first time I have suggested they take her to a vet. and still they wont do it. I even offered to take her my self and pay for the bills if he would let me adopt her but he wouldnt. People like this really bum me out. if you dont care about the reptiles why own a store that sells them?? needless to say I will not be buying ANY more pets unless it is from a breeder!

funny dealing with a similar thing at my local store that i always held in high reguard for taking care of there reptiles but in the past week not so much they are now housing a pasons and a veiled in the same enclosure and the parsons always is sleeping and iam trying to tell them there is some thing wrong and i just get nothing in response. they wont even seperate them and it is pissing me off the female veiled is always dark brown and the parson sleeping wtf do they thing is going

To many places that are way more interested in $! Most of them know how to do things but just really don't care if they loose some of the animals. This is why we have to be very picky with who we give are money to and who we support.

Too many places that are way more interested in $! Most of them know how to do things but just really don't care if they loose some of the animals. This is why we have to be very picky with who we give are money to and who we support.

Red is add blue is take away.

Work on your homophones

funny dealing with a similar thing at my local store that i always held in high reguard for taking care of there reptiles but in the past week not so much they are now housing a pasons and a veiled in the same enclosure and the parsons always is sleeping and iam trying to tell them there is some thing wrong and i just get nothing in response. they wont even seperate them and it is pissing me off the female veiled is always dark brown and the parson sleeping wtf do they thing is going

What? Are you trying to tell me that they have a parsons at a pet store and they are housing it with a veiled? I find that hard to believe. Parsons are extremely rare and a pet store cant afford to lose an animal worth 2-3 thousand dollars retail. Its got to be a diff chameleon. Its prob a mellers or something....

Thanks for the props K9luvn. I wasn't going to say anything, I have better things to do. I went to Art school for a reason. Take care.

There was a little male veiled at my local petstore here. He had VERY obvious MBD, bowed legs, couldn't hold his head up, etc. He was five months old and his sisters were outgrowing him. I brought this up to the manager, who just said he was a perfectly healthy specimen. I brought in my female (only a month older), to show them what a healthy cham looked like. She said she had never seen a cham that big, and wanted to make me an offer.... SHE was a 6 month old FEMALE! She wasn't that big!!!

What? Are you trying to tell me that they have a parsons at a pet store and they are housing it with a veiled? I find that hard to believe. Parsons are extremely rare and a pet store cant afford to lose an animal worth 2-3 thousand dollars retail. Its got to be a diff chameleon. Its prob a mellers or something....

let me start by saying i been into chams and keeping them since 97 and ive never even looked up a parson believe it or not until you mentioned it could not be one iam in to veilds and panthers all veileds since i got back into it about a year ago. so after googling a parson witch confused me even more cause a bunch of random images popped up i went back to store today to talk to the guy cause i know him pretty well he tols me that they started dealing with a new breeder for there veileds and when ordering he didnt have enough veileds for him but told him i ll send you a really nice parson cham he had never seen or had one either so he was like ok long story short he sticks by it being a parson so i took pic of it today at teh store so some one with more knowledge of a parson cham can look at it and deterime what the hell it is i only had my cell phone on me so it is the best i could do but here is the pic of the so called parson and the lil angry female that shares teh cage with it for some reason i cant get the lil brown feamle to upoad but the so called parson did so have a look

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 161
I agree - I have 2 gracefuls and they look just like that one.... your pet store guy needs a lesson in Chams.. :)

I'm not sure I followed your post (puctuation is our friend) but if that store thought they were getting a Parson's substituted for a veiled, they were dreaming!! That looks either like a graceful or a Senegal. Commonly imported, inexpensive, basically wildcaught imports. And, tiny compared to a Parson's! Bunch of clueless people in the biz here and a very bad supplier. I hope it gets a decent home regardless what it is.

Yeah hot that is not a parson. I was going to ssay senegal but that pic is a little fuzzy could be a gracceful. I knew it couldn't be a parson too exp for a store too stock & also far to rare in the retail pet trade. You basically need contacts to get a parson in the us.

Back
Top Bottom