some nice pictures....

Amazing collection.
Love the Fuelleborni breeding male.

Cant wait to get some pics of the merus I am hoping to buy from you in September.

Jurgen

If you don't mind me asking. How many species from the genus Calumma have you captive bred? Most of us in the USA only have got the occasional and exceedingly rare opportunity to work with Parsonii. However, no other Calumma are on our species kept list. Great collection!

Jeremy A. Rich

Here in EU i and 3 other persons had breeding results with:calumma boettgeri,calluma brevicorne,calumma gallus,caluma globifer,calumma malthe,calumma parsoni and calumma nasutum.
Species are bred in very low numbers just by a handfull of breeders.
Last years major progress is made with many species.
Keeping and breeding of these species is not very hard(if you have many years of experiance offcourse)most difficult point whas incubation because most of these species have one or more diapauses during incubation

Here in EU i and 3 other persons had breeding results with:calumma boettgeri,calluma brevicorne,calumma gallus,caluma globifer,calumma malthe,calumma parsoni and calumma nasutum.
Species are bred in very low numbers just by a handfull of breeders.
Last years major progress is made with many species.
Keeping and breeding of these species is not very hard(if you have many years of experiance offcourse)most difficult point whas incubation because most of these species have one or more diapauses during incubation

Jurgen

That is great news and great to hear that European keepers have accomplished this much breeding success. As the last time (to the best of my knowledge) all these species were available in the USA only Parsonii, from the genus Calumma, was occasionally bred here in the USA. I'm glad I can now say that this is (officially for me) outdated information for captive breeding this genus outside of Madagascar.

I actually had heard that Calumma globifer, nasuta, gallus, and boettgeri were somewhat being captive bred. However Calumma malthe and brevicornis were news species that I had not heard of being captive bred. If keepers in the USA have another shot at these Calumma species. It would be great if we could follow in the footsteps of European keepers and breed some of these Calumma species that currently have not been bred in the USA.

Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
I personaly have experiance with the 3 smaller species c nasutum,c gallus and c boettgeri these heve a relative short incubation (3 to 5 months) and dont need diapause so in my opinion the most easy to breed(they lay very small clutches of just 2 to 4 eggs)babys are very tiny

Those pictures are absolutely amazing! I'm just blown away by the variety and beauty of each species of chameleon - I would say best of luck, but it doesn't look like you or your friends need that at all! :D

ok....this is just darn amazing what you have... i am stunned ... cant write anymore ....grate job

Back
Top Bottom