Some modified and beautified enclosures.

maxttu

I made some changes in 3 of my enclosures today.

Tammy and her gardenia with built in laying bin:

y5y3abat.jpg

Tomato with a variegated hibiscus of some sort. It's quite pretty! ;)

y3ajery9.jpg

bygu9ugu.jpg

Broadway and a big, fat pothos!

6ehe2u8u.jpg

dyzebuma.jpg

Added additional foliage on top of the enclosure for extra shade. Kinda like a rainforest canopy. ;)

6epe3aby.jpg

The misting system goes off every hour for 15 min and creates a great tropical environment. Mix this in with the Houston humidity and I think we're there.

This is the timer ($35) that is hooked up to the misting system:

a5a3aryh.jpg

And here is the misting system, bought at Home Depot for $25. It also came with a bonus set of 10 extra feet. :)

u8uguva2.jpg

I looked into getting the orbit outdoor mist as well but then decided it wasn't worth it since I only get 2 months of sun =P
Everyone looks great dude!

Lookin' good to the cages and the chams. I always love seeing tomato and broadway, walker too but I don't think he's on this thread.

Practically the whole forum knows these little infamous chams by you lol.

Nice looking plants :D

Lookin' good to the cages and the chams. I always love seeing tomato and broadway, walker too but I don't think he's on this thread.

Practically the whole forum knows these little infamous chams by you lol.

Nice looking plants :D

Thanks, Sonny! I guess that's a good thing, huh? I just love my lil Cham fam! :D

How did you secure the cages to the pvc? I like that idea :D

The stand on the left has a crib frame that the cages are sitting in. The cages on the right are on two planks of wood. I have not properly secured them as of yet. That's my next step. ;)

Just a FYI- the misting system with the bonus pack is limited. For $24.95, you get 11 nozzles. Normally it's 24.95 for just the 6 nozzle kit. ;)

Looks great Max!!!!! Does the cold water coming from the tap "startle/shock" them.... I've wanted to do something similar but wasn't sure how the cold water would affect them..

Looks great Max!!!!! Does the cold water coming from the tap "startle/shock" them.... I've wanted to do something similar but wasn't sure how the cold water would affect them..

Eh, the water isn't really "that" cold. ;) Besides, it's pretty warm outside, so it's probably a welcomed relief. :)

Seriously though, the mist is surprisingly fine and it takes a few seconds to accumulate on their skin. I think they'll be okay. :D

Back
Top Bottom