Some informations about my little mate Rango

First of all, thanks for giving me advice.
But sometimes, some answers in this forum bother me a little bit and i see this quite often in some other posts.
People are often very "passive aggressive" with their answers and i feel like they think from one single picture they know exactly the situation of others and stop advising and start to order around.
One example is my Lamp Cage:
I worked a lot with chameleons in Africa and they ALL had their light bulbs in their cage, sometimes it was even their favorite spot to hand on the lamp cage.
So everybody tells me from one picture of my terrarium that it has to be removed immediately and its gonna "fry" my boy...
The fact is, the lamp cage is not getting hot at all... It gets pretty warm of course but after having the light on since 8 hours i can touch the lamp cage everywhere and i dont burn myself even after like 30 seconds.
So maybe as a tip four you gys, maybe sometimes think about that some ways of holding a chameleon that are different to yours can also be good ways.

But still thanks for trying to help me!
You are mistaking bluntness for rudeness. You asked for opinions on your setup in your last thread, they were given.

We’re not here to baby you. We’re not here to tiptoe around your delicate little feelings. We are protecting your Cham from your failures.

You should be thanking us for pointing out that your literally poisoning your Cham with your current supplement schedule but instead your crying over the words used to point these kind of things out. Put your feelings aside and get your husbandry straight.

can touch the lamp cage everywhere and i dont burn myself even after like 30 seconds.
Have you ever seen your Cham sit in one spot for more than 30 seconds?

Chams do not sense heat like you and I do. They don’t have the ability to realize it’s getting burned in real time like we do. This is why the cage being accessible to him is unacceptable.

You are mistaking bluntness for rudeness. You asked for opinions on your setup in your last thread, they were given.

We’re not here to baby you. We’re not here to tiptoe around your delicate little feelings. We are protecting your Cham from your failures.

You should be thanking us for pointing out that your literally poisoning your Cham with your current supplement schedule but instead your crying over the words used to point these kind of things out. Put your feelings aside and get your husbandry straight.
Hey Brody, not to be rude, but the least you can do is have a little empathy. You both have a point. Dominik you should have researched this and made sure you had everything right for your Cham and you should do what the more experienced keepers tell you. Brody does have a point the information needs to get across one way or another but make share it doesn’t sound to harsh as Dominick didn’t know better. Sorry for sounding like a d*** at you Brody in the first bit.

Hey Brody, not to be rude, but the least you can do is have a little empathy. You both have a point. Dominik you should have researched this and made sure you had everything right for your Cham and you should do what the more experienced keepers tell you. Brody does have a point the information needs to get across one way or another but make share it doesn’t sound to harsh as Dominick didn’t know better. Sorry for sounding like a d*** at you Brody in the first bit.
No worries! I stopped bringing my feelings with me to the internet long ago my friend! Your comment don’t bug me at all, lol. That being said, I am who I am and I’m not changing it.

Hey Jack,

You are absolutely right. I think one thing that some people didnt get from my text was that I was not refusing to follow their instructions.
I wanted help, so I got it and i am happy about it, I listened to Brody and started changing things immediately and I never said that he was wrong.
I stopped dusting my crickets for now just from the moment I read his comment. I believe in his knowledge and opinion of this topic, I was just pointing out and not "crying".
I think we all agree on the point that I am allowed to say my opinion here in this forum and I am allowed to say something if i feel mistreated.

Thanks for your comment. :)

Regarding your light being inside the cage...my main concern is the chameleon grabbing onto the wire cage around it and getting burned. Can you put your hand on all parts of the screen cover and leave it there for several minutes without it being too hot for you to leave your hand there?

Hey Kinyonga,

Yes I tried it right after i put the lamp cage into the enclosure. It gets very warm at the wires right under the light bulb, I am honest.
BUT I can leave my finger there for a long time without getting too hot or even burnt at all. At the sides of the lamp cage, the wires are not even hot, I would say more like mildly warm (if thats even proper english).
I am already working on putting the lamp a little bit higher after all you guys telling me that it would be better to have it higher up there.

Just curious...do you have to get a license to keep a chameleon in Germany?

Yes indeed we do :D
It is because here in Germany Chameleons are listed as "protected animals" in the animal protection law.
And even in the EU-Protection of species regulation they are listed so if I buy a chameleon it needs a document that licences the origin of the chameleon (which would be the breeder in my case) and me to be fully responsible to care for it.
As far as I know, Chameleons are invasive in America right?

Yes indeed we do :D
It is because here in Germany Chameleons are listed as "protected animals" in the animal protection law.
And even in the EU-Protection of species regulation they are listed so if I buy a chameleon it needs a document that licences the origin of the chameleon (which would be the breeder in my case) and me to be fully responsible to care for it.
As far as I know, Chameleons are invasive in America right?
Very interesting to know. Thank you. Yes, chameleons have become invasive here. In Florida I know that is a wild population of veiled chameleons and in Hawaii there are Jackson’s.

Hey Jack,

You are absolutely right. I think one thing that some people didnt get from my text was that I was not refusing to follow their instructions.
I wanted help, so I got it and i am happy about it, I listened to Brody and started changing things immediately and I never said that he was wrong.
I stopped dusting my crickets for now just from the moment I read his comment. I believe in his knowledge and opinion of this topic, I was just pointing out and not "crying".
I think we all agree on the point that I am allowed to say my opinion here in this forum and I am allowed to say something if i feel mistreated.

Thanks for your comment. :)
I did hit you a bit hard on that one, my bad. I have to be reminded to play nice from time to time...

Back
Top Bottom