some ideas for better hydration

armando

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to share a couple of ways that really help me get my veiled chameleon hydrated.
After having him for almost 2 years, I have experienced pretty much everything. hunger strikes, hydration issues, and more...
I have earned lots of experience, with him, and you guys...
And now I just want to share this ways that helps me get my cham hydrated when he is not drinking enough.

We all know one of the golden rules that says the cage must be dry by the time its bed time, and chameleon should be dry.
But, I have learned that If I spray just the head of my cham, it quickly starts drinking. This has helped me a lot!!!
I live in a fairly warm place, so... cold nights are not a problem.
I just spray for about 30 seconds in the head, then I stop and after 20 seconds.. he starts drinking, then I use a needless syringe and start dropping drop by drop, until he stops swallowing.

Another way that has helped me much more, is having te dripper drip next to the basking light before lights are on. As my chameleon walks up to the basking spot he notices the dripping water and goes straight up to it and starts drinking.

So thats it... just a couple of things that I do when I have some hydration problems, and it really helps me... and I hope it could help some people facing hydration issues.

Back
Top Bottom