Some Help with Age and Sex of my Panther Chameleon

Naisuru

I bought a panther from a store here locally. I was told it was a male, but I can't say I'll really take their word for it without doing some of my own research. I am also not sure of the hatch date. I also have zero idea what locale this particular little one is, either. He/she is still pretty small. It fits comfortably on my pointer finger. When he/she puffs her neck out, there is some red coloration, but that's the only place I have really seen any color of the sort, but I thought he/she could also still be quite young

.I kept panthers a very long time ago, so this has all been quite the refresher course. Any insight on age and sex is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 227
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 259
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 230
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 248
I think that it’s going to be hard to tell at that age/size. My guess would be female and 3ish months old. The thickness of the tail gets very thin right past the vent and the rostral doesn’t go past the lip. It could be to early to tell though .

I bought a panther from a store here locally. I was told it was a male, but I can't say I'll really take their word for it without doing some of my own research. I am also not sure of the hatch date. I also have zero idea what locale this particular little one is, either. He/she is still pretty small. It fits comfortably on my pointer finger. When he/she puffs her neck out, there is some red coloration, but that's the only place I have really seen any color of the sort, but I thought he/she could also still be quite young

.I kept panthers a very long time ago, so this has all been quite the refresher course. Any insight on age and sex is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Looks female, there seems to be no spurs on the back feet (small bumps)

Back
Top Bottom