Some critters ive had

krikinit

Chameleon Enthusiast
Thought Id share some of the other animals ive kept over the years. Just raptors for now. Top to bottom Female North American Harris Hawk, Male Peruvian Harris Hawk and Barbary x Taiat falcon cross.

Attachments

• 20181111_145630.jpg
    20181111_145630.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 20180405_090613.jpg
    20180405_090613.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 20170420_180051.jpg
    20170420_180051.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 110
Such amazing animals! :D I have the pleasure of working with a few wild raptors and a couple working birds every month or so. It's always a treat! We have a lot of people flying goshawks (mostly Russian) and Harris hawks around here. I'd love to volunteer at the raptor rehab center sometime!

Some were quite friendly.The Peruvian was a blood letter. Real uppity. The little barbary x tiata was my favorite. He was a full imprint and just loved me. He would court me and offer me food. I miss that littler booger so much. He was probably the last of his kind. There is no breeder left and havent been that kind of breeding project in more that 10 years.

Ill be trapping a North American Goshawk this year. My cooper hawk plans have fallen through. Russian Gos are beast! Just dont want to pay when I can trap. Gos here in California, central valley, cant fly to often. Just too darn hot. I have to go hawk the bay more often to fly one. If you can @GoodKarma19 go volunteer. I did for sometime and occasionally help rehab birds for them. Its fun to do, even if the critters hate you. Its like keeping a cham so you should be fine!

Awe! Imprinted birds are kinda fun. I have an imprinted European starling that thinks she's people! :rolleyes: That little Barbary cross sure is a looker, too - shame there's no ongoing breeding project!

I live in central BC so unsurprisingly we see tons of Russian and NA goshawks being flown! Our generally lower temperatures can definitely be a boon. Good luck with your trapping! Hope you find yourself a beauty. Bonus points if it has an agreeable temperament haha!

One day for sure I'll volunteer! I'm no stranger to animals that hate me (I mean, I do work at a veterinary clinic after all!), and birds (and reptiles) hold a particular fascination for me. For some reason, it amuses me when birds, cats, and reptiles want to take a chunk out of me. I have the confidence and ability to handle just about my aggressive animal, haha! The only ones I'm a little less brave with are dogs. Not a fan of aggressive dogs. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom