Solenopsis invicta queens

Persnickety Parson's

Chameleon Enthusiast
Here are my two new red fire and queens. I caught them today during an out of season nuptial flight.

I'm looking forward to two huge colonies eventually.
0408201717c~2.jpg
0408201650_HDR~2.jpg

Last update for a week or so, one queen has settled in, the other has not and is more nervous. Checking to frequently on them can get them to engage in cannibalism of their eggs, or stop laying.
0410201241n~2.jpg
0410201241b~2.jpg
0410201241f~2.jpg

They make amazing pets in their own way. They are starting their flights so you can find queens too.

And yes they are fire ants.
Yes, ants are amazing little creatures. But fire ants come up from the bowels of Hell. If you watch really close you may see their little pentagrams, upside down crosses and even catch them having their black mass. Just be careful as they’ll be wanting to sacrifice you to their dark master.

Feed to your dart frogs, and then let the frogs go in a pesky neibhors yard :) that will teach them :p.

Honestly what fun are POISION Dart Frogs, if you don't allow then to be Posionous :p.

Which fun fact. In the wild, the ants don't attack the frogs. The frogs poison is a mixture of the ants poison and alkaloids from Mites, that turn the Ants poison into a poison that kills them as well, meaning the frog is safe to eat more of the ants, and generate more of the poison.

Yes, ants are amazing little creatures. But fire ants come up from the bowels of Hell. If you watch really close you may see their little pentagrams, upside down crosses and even catch them having their black mass. Just be careful as they’ll be wanting to sacrifice you to their dark master.

I am their dark master

Feed to your dart frogs, and then let the frogs go in a pesky neibhors yard :) that will teach them :p.

Honestly what fun are POISION Dart Frogs, if you don't allow then to be Posionous :p.

Which fun fact. In the wild, the ants don't attack the frogs. The frogs poison is a mixture of the ants poison and alkaloids from Mites, that turn the Ants poison into a poison that kills them as well, meaning the frog is safe to eat more of the ants, and generate more of the poison.

Lol sounds like a waste of money tho, dart frogs are valuable.

Last edited:
Why fire ants? Those colonies scare the crap out of me. I think camponotis are pretty cool, probably my favorites!

Back
Top Bottom