Soldier fly still in mouth

BostonKeith

Avid Member
So today Luna was out free roaming and when i went to put her back into her enclosure she was not happy. The usual mouthy attitude of course! I noticed she had something black in her mouth. Immediately i thought it was a insane case of mouth rot or even a tongue accident. I put her into her enclosure and called a buddy to get his trhoughts about it.He told me to check and make sure it was still there and not just a feeder she found free roaming. Checked and it was still there. Good hour has gone by at this time. The black mass in her mouth was big.. And tucked on the left side near her teeth and back of mouth. It looked terrible!!!
Fast forward until later that night. Shes getting ready for a shed and she yawned... Then i saw it...Nothing?!?!
Her mouth was empty and looked completely healthy...

So question is it possible Luna kept her food in her mouth for a snack later? Or was it just stuck in a weird spot? I have had some bsfl pupating into flies in her enclosure. Assuming this is what it was?!

So today Luna was out free roaming and when i went to put her back into her enclosure she was not happy. The usual mouthy attitude of course! I noticed she had something black in her mouth. Immediately i thought it was a insane case of mouth rot or even a tongue accident. I put her into her enclosure and called a buddy to get his trhoughts about it.He told me to check and make sure it was still there and not just a feeder she found free roaming. Checked and it was still there. Good hour has gone by at this time. The black mass in her mouth was big.. And tucked on the left side near her teeth and back of mouth. It looked terrible!!!
Fast forward until later that night. Shes getting ready for a shed and she yawned... Then i saw it...Nothing?!?!
Her mouth was empty and looked completely healthy...

So question is it possible Luna kept her food in her mouth for a snack later? Or was it just stuck in a weird spot? I have had some bsfl pupating into flies in her enclosure. Assuming this is what it was?!
In my experience sometimes when I feed Morpheo a superworm I can still see the end of it in the back of his throat after he "swallowed" it. 🤢. A few minutes later it would go all the way down.

Only my male panther has the tendency to hold his food in his mouth for a little while…only like a few minutes. I speculate that he’s either savoring the sublime tenderness of a young juicy roach nymph at it’s peak of perfection or he is a weirdo and likes the feel of the wriggling legs and antennae in his mouth.

Back
Top Bottom