Soaking a chameleon

Vets commonly recommend placing reptiles in baths for dehydration and to help with stuck sheds and passing poop. Though this works for many reptiles, I wouldn’t trust this global advise for a chameleon. The shower method is a less stressful option. I believe he perked up after because he was crazy stressed, and trying to show vigor to prevent being eaten by a giant human. You did the right thing by following the vets advice, unfortunately it was poor advise, and probably given too late. Hopefully this “breeder” can take care of a refund for you. He did sell you a very sick chameleon.

Vets commonly recommend placing reptiles in baths for dehydration and to help with stuck sheds and passing poop. Though this works for many reptiles, I wouldn’t trust this global advise for a chameleon. The shower method is a less stressful option. I believe he perked up after because he was crazy stressed, and trying to show vigor to prevent being eaten by a giant human. You did the right thing by following the vets advice, unfortunately it was poor advise, and probably given too late. Hopefully this “breeder” can take care of a refund for you. He did sell you a very sick chameleon.
He never changed colors tho, he reacted more to the car ride to vet than he did the bowel of water. Is there other ways they show stress? I'm just used to listening to Dr's, I guess that's why I seem so argumentative. And as far as a refund goes the store that sold him to us has a all sales are final policy. But the sale man said we can talk to owner when they get back on the 30th.

Last edited:
He never changed colors tho, he reacted more to the car ride to vet than he did the bowel of water. Is there other ways they show stress? I'm just used to listening to Dr's, I guess that's why I seem so argumentative. And as far as a refund goes the store that sold him to us has a all sales are final policy. But the sale man said we can talk to owner when they get back on the 30th.
Often they will show stress with vibrant bright colors as well . Closing eyes , and or playing dead . In the wild even in an inclosure if they feel threatened they will close their eyes and drop them selves out of a tree .

Back
Top Bottom