So you think your chameleon is agressive huh

ataraxia

Avid Member
I have owned and been around many chameleons and to this date i have never ran into a more aggressive male VC than what i have. he will literally come across the cage to come bite me or anything in my hand (usually a cup). if i walk past the cage he will hiss and come to the front and try and bite me. this keeps things interesting between us :)

ive attatched a video. to some, you may think im teasing him but this is what i go through anytime im near this cage. i cant look at him, mist him, clean his cage or feed him without this happening.

http://img717.imageshack.us/i/cx6.mp4/

Wow Mate, your little bloke has a really strong territorial instinct! It dosent hate you, it dosent want you in its space, your crampin his style baby! :D
Hell get used to you eventually, but you have to get used to him!
Dont let him intimdate you into a hesistation to handle him or deal with the cage for fear of a bite.
Try to get him out on a stick, this will take time and persistance, if he tries to bite, shove a worm in his mouth. :)

Haha. Has he ever made you need stitches? Any kind of chameleon bite that didn't bleed or require stitches is nothing IMO. Those demon chameleons that take off chunks of your hand are the real aggressive ones.

LOL, This bloke Had a veiled like yours.....

A169185E-0D08-EA18-F57FCBB0A62BDC4C.jpg

:D

HAHAHAHA, o'man that had me laughin real good. thats probably what he has visioned doing to me. its strange when i get near his cage this is what i deal with but if i pick him up it all he tries to do is run from me. like literally i have to keep both hands going cause he will go to the floor quickly. few days ago i switched him to a different cage and he made a dash for it. he jumped forward out of my hand....i luckily two handed swooped him up like a pro before hitting the floor. a friend standing near said " that was a ninja catch". LOL honestly this poor guy has mental issues and it stems from the past owner. the guy bragged to me that he has this chameleon he puts under warm/hot water to make it change colors. then he says i like to flick him to make him bite me " it doesnt hurt". to top it all off his husbandry was equal to that of a leopard geckos care sheet. when he was done talking i said how much do you want for your lizard....

atarraxia im so glad you have him now,poor thing,no wonder he is a meanie!! i cant believe someone would be so cruel to an animal :mad: i sure hope his prev owner doesnt have any more animals he is abusing:mad: someone should hold him under scalding hot water and see if he changes color!!! hope he falls through his a_s and suffocates! im sorry but those type of people belong behind bars,and not the ones you go to to get a drink either! think i woulda punched him in the head but thats only my opinion..anyways im sooo happy you have him in your care,maybe now he can have some peace and live a happy and healthy life unhurt and well loved...:)by the way..whatcha gonna name this big brute? brutus maybe? hahaha

that is horrible no wonder he wants to bite you hes scared to death!! so glad hes in better hands now!! Im sure he'll calm down when he sees your not trying to hurt him!! good luck!!

Wow thats cruelty, unbeleivable! No wonder he's a bit agro mate!
Hopefully in time he will settle down and be ok about you.
Glad you rescued your cham, Big Kudos!

Aww, he's just itty bitty, what harm could he do? That parrot in the background sounds more menacing! ;)
Seriously though, from what you said he went through, I can see why he would act so aggressively towards you. Stories like that make me very sad. Thank god for people like you that help these little guys out and give them a better life.

I believe it's rather common that they run when handled. They are out of their element. They did not successfully scare of the "predator" and now the "predator" is about to "eat" him. I know I would run like heck if I was a chameleon!

sounds like your little guy was almost trained or conditioned to have that response. it's gonna take some time to get that out of him but at least he'll be healthy while it's happening. good on you buddy!!

Hopefully he will warm up to ya in a few weeks.... Glad you have this guy now, some people are BLEEPING A -holes for sure.

I was worried when i first got my Pike. He would hiss bite etc was only a six month old. But i then started offering wax worms from my hand and soon he calmed down, got used to being handled. he is now nearly ten months old. even today i opened his cage and straight away he was on my hand, then up my arm on my shoulder :) Put his foot in my eye wow he has sharp claws ;)

Where was the video taken? It seems like there was a lot going on around him. I am hoping this was taken when you bought him and not at your home. He needs a quiet place away from everyone but you. I would put him in the largest cage you can afford and have space for. i rescued a adult male veiled years ago who had a personality much like yours. i used the large cage, very minimal interaction with anyone including me. it took about 6 weeks but he did come around. He got to the point I could handle him a will, but he never got to the point of wanting to walk out onto my hand.

Where was the video taken? It seems like there was a lot going on around him. I am hoping this was taken when you bought him and not at your home. He needs a quiet place away from everyone but you. I would put him in the largest cage you can afford and have space for. i rescued a adult male veiled years ago who had a personality much like yours. i used the large cage, very minimal interaction with anyone including me. it took about 6 weeks but he did come around. He got to the point I could handle him a will, but he never got to the point of wanting to walk out onto my hand.
Hey laurie today i had his food dish in my hand he ignored the food dish :) He loves to come out climbs all over me sits on my shoulder. And never shows aggresive colours amazing little Man :D. And i must aggree the enviroment in that video was certainly not good :(

Perfectly normal veiled ... or at least that's the temperament I'm used to lol

I got 2 mean veiled females, and one guy who's only cranky when trying to take him out a females cage after he's done with her lol
Bit me twice moving him 5ft :D

cage size 30x30x72". ive thought about free range but i could see rambo here attacking a customer as they come through the door lol.

:p this guy has been in my possession for 4 months now. been a fighter since day one. i kept him at my house for 3 1/2 months and he acted the same in a quite room all to himself. i decided it will either take a very long time to get him back to normal or what damage done is done mentally. its no biggie he is this mean...so he is now at the shop (where the video was shot).

Back
Top Bottom