So where did you get you Screen Cage from?

Just build one yourself.
Wood 2x2's about $2 each need approximately 5-6
Corner pieces at walmart $2 each need approximately 8-10 packs
Screen $9 at Lowes buy 2
Door frame 1x2's $1 each Need about 4
Hinges depending on where you go but walmart has them $2 for a 2 pack
0.99 cent cabinet pulls at Lowes

That's just a basic 24x24x48 enclosure with base making it 24x24x72

Oh and easy drainage Lowes carries a shelf like thing for $7 and all purpose plastic tubs for $6

Petsolutions.com, Amazon, craigslist. When you get them off of craigslist make sure you have them measure them. alot of times they don't label it as the proper size.

Just build one yourself.
Wood 2x2's about $2 each need approximately 5-6
Corner pieces at walmart $2 each need approximately 8-10 packs
Screen $9 at Lowes buy 2
Door frame 1x2's $1 each Need about 4
Hinges depending on where you go but walmart has them $2 for a 2 pack
0.99 cent cabinet pulls at Lowes

That's just a basic 24x24x48 enclosure with base making it 24x24x72

Oh and easy drainage Lowes carries a shelf like thing for $7 and all purpose plastic tubs for $6
great!!!!!!!

My next one is coming from DIY or LLL. They have great equipment. My current one is a ReptiBreeze XL that I got locally at a great price.

Cool! Can an adult panther live in the 18x18x36?

They should not be kept in a cage that small. They need at least a 24x24x48. On Josh's Frog they have reptariums for $80 plus shipping that are 29x29x72 and I've heard great things about them. I think there 29x29x48 reptarium is like $10 cheaper. Not sure.

Built them. Simple as pie. Bought all parts wholesale in quantities. Cost less than $10 ea.

Attachments

• Chams 002.jpg
    Chams 002.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 135
Like with what materials.?

Oh, ok. Standard screen window extrusion assembled into frames, screen installed then riveted together. The base tub is thermo-formed from ABS sheet on a special machine I made. I ordered enough to make 100 cages of this size, thus the less than $10 ea. cost. It took me a couple weeks to make all of them, I sold around 20 and kept 80 for my own use because that's all I could fit in my reptile room. The top screen has a grommet in the middle to allow the misting nozzle through without the screen fraying.

Piece of cake. :p

Oh, ok. Standard screen window extrusion assembled into frames, screen installed then riveted together. The base tub is thermo-formed from ABS sheet on a special machine I made. I ordered enough to make 100 cages of this size, thus the less than $10 ea. cost. It took me a couple weeks to make all of them, I sold around 20 and kept 80 for my own use because that's all I could fit in my reptile room. The top screen has a grommet in the middle to allow the misting nozzle through without the screen fraying.

Piece of cake. :p

Wow. That's pretty impressive. I wish I could make something like that.

If you want the best quality cage, contact Chameleons NW, they sell the Penn Plax cage.
The advantages:
1) It has mid bars that make it stronger and more rigid.
2) You can attach inside bars to the 3 outside bars using nuts and bolts. Then you can put wood slats across the bars to place your plants on and your feeder cup. No more thumbtacks for branches, feeder cups, etc
3) it has an opening in the back panel to run the misting hose into the cage.

The cost over a LLL cage was $20 I beleive.

Whatever cage you buy, replace the floor with plexiglass, all the floors stain and get nasty. Plexiglass can be purchases at hardware stores.

If you want the best quality cage, contact Chameleons NW, they sell the Penn Plax cage.
The advantages:
1) It has mid bars that make it stronger and more rigid.
2) You can attach inside bars to the 3 outside bars using nuts and bolts. Then you can put wood slats across the bars to place your plants on and your feeder cup. No more thumbtacks for branches, feeder cups, etc
3) it has an opening in the back panel to run the misting hose into the cage.

The cost over a LLL cage was $20 I beleive.

Whatever cage you buy, replace the floor with plexiglass, all the floors stain and get nasty. Plexiglass can be purchases at hardware stores.

LLL Reptile is $89
Chamleons NW is $137

dang.. i feel like an under acheiver.. i got my off amazon.. 24 24 48 reptibreeze for 70 bucks including shipping

Back
Top Bottom