So sad.

Jocccellynnn

Established Member
I have been going to this pet shop near me for years, it’s where I got my Cham. But after joining the forum, I have realized how much care the chameleons are lacking. I went yesterday and they have had the same adult veiled and Jackson’s Cham for months, with no uvb or real plants. It makes me so sad I almost want to take them both home next time I go but I cannot. But ugh it is saddening

I have been going to this pet shop near me for years, it’s where I got my Cham. But after joining the forum, I have realized how much care the chameleons are lacking. I went yesterday and they have had the same adult veiled and Jackson’s Cham for months, with no uvb or real plants. It makes me so sad I almost want to take them both home next time I go but I cannot. But ugh it is saddening
This is how I feel every time I walk into a Petco or PetSmart :(

This is how I feel every time I walk into a Petco or PetSmart :(
I won’t even go in there.... none of there animals have the proper care they need. This pet store is actually ok regarding other animals but doesn’t seem like they know much about chameleons . :(

If it’s a small locally owned pet store, you may have better luck than if it’s a big box store. Appeal to their sense of economics - selling sick animals will decrease their reputation and can lead to profit loss. Plus, by demonstrating to potential buyers all the correct stuff needed, this could increase their sales.

I think you should especially if you have been going there alot. You must have some kind of relationship with the employees or owner so maybe they will listen.
That’s true, I do know a few people since I’m a regular and I’m sure they’d listen.

Back
Top Bottom