So Sad :(

Welp, today was supposed to be an awesome day for me! Today was the day I was supposed to pick up a HEALTHY nosy be boy to add to our family. Well, I do have the little tike, but unfortunately, the healthy part is missing. ( STUPID CRAIGSLIST )

Seriously this thread isn't for the faint of heart... I feel so horrible for this little guy.

FIRST OF ALL, I drove an hour and a half in the northeast part of the usa to get this dude.

( I had a gut feeling the owner really was a clueless kiddo, 22 year old that was housing his pet panther at his "cousins house" )

*This little guy has swollen eyes, with what looks like to me gunk to be in them.

*Very small and underweight.

*Falling to cage floor in enclosure.

*Signs of weakness, fatigue, bone issues

*is No sign that any reptile water being used.

*Broken dripping system

*Laying on his Baskin spot instead of holding himself upright

*Only plant in the enclosure is obviously riddled with fertilizer and most likely along with it pesticides.

*He's missing toenails.

* Amongst a ton of neglect, perhaps to the extent I have no clue, (no thermometers, hydrometers, bulbs are probably as old as he is.) .

* THIS DUDE EVEN HAS FAUX MARIJUANA PLANT GLUED TO VINES

I AM JUST IN SHAMBLES.

I brought this guy home anyway regardless of the obvious illness this guy has...

Hes a beautiful nosey be boy, and he deserves to live a healthy happy life.

Why do people do this to animals?!? ... its just really sad to me.

Anyways, please keep your toenails crossed for this little guy to make a miraculous turn around... I have faith he will make it through the night for us to go talk to our vet about the illness/illnesses and hopefully create a game plan on how to turn this crazy train around and get our new member feeling tip top.

Thanks for reading

Wonder what the craigslist ad said.

We can at least hope you didn't give the idiot any money for this poor thing. Of course no one wants to see animal abuse or neglect, but the last thing you want to do is reward the stupid kid for his neglect.

BTW, it's not craigslist's fault, its squarely on the seller. How are they supposed to filter or know anything about what people list on it?

Unfortunately I did pay for him and his setup ( which is virtually useless except for the cage and him of course). Of course I didn’t want to reward the kid, but at the same time he was just in it for money, and I’m glad I got to him before another dumb kid picked up where he left off. The ad was to the point simply listing what was available to sale. Idk what was the right thing to do in this WRONG situation. All I know is that it feels much like fate for me to have stumbled upon him.

And of course I’m not cursing craigslist for this guys poor research skills, impulsive purchases and ignorance. . . More so of saying it can be tricky when looking for “healthy, happy” pets on this site.

We can at least hope you didn't give the idiot any money for this poor thing. Of course no one wants to see animal abuse or neglect, but the last thing you want to do is reward the stupid kid for his neglect.

BTW, it's not craigslist's fault, its squarely on the seller. How are they supposed to filter or know anything about what people list on it?
Unfortunately I did pay for him and his setup ( which is virtually useless except for the cage and him of course). Of course I didn’t want to reward the kid, but at the same time he was just in it for money, and I’m glad I got to him before another dumb kid picked up where he left off. The ad was to the point simply listing what was available to sale. Idk what was the right thing to do in this WRONG situation. All I know is that it feels much like fate for me to have stumbled upon him.

And of course I’m not cursing craigslist for this guys poor research skills, impulsive purchases and ignorance. . . More so of saying it can be tricky when looking for “healthy, happy” pets on this site.

I’m addition, I did let him know of these major errors and how I plan on taking him to the vet.. he apologized and admitted he wasn’t exactly the one caring for him... ( I’m assuming because he’s a rolling stone) . Hopefully he realizes the extent to his mess up here .

Welp, today was supposed to be an awesome day for me! Today was the day I was supposed to pick up a HEALTHY nosy be boy to add to our family. Well, I do have the little tike, but unfortunately, the healthy part is missing. ( STUPID CRAIGSLIST )

Seriously this thread isn't for the faint of heart... I feel so horrible for this little guy.

FIRST OF ALL, I drove an hour and a half in the northeast part of the usa to get this dude.

( I had a gut feeling the owner really was a clueless kiddo, 22 year old that was housing his pet panther at his "cousins house" )

*This little guy has swollen eyes, with what looks like to me gunk to be in them.

*Very small and underweight.

*Falling to cage floor in enclosure.

*Signs of weakness, fatigue, bone issues

*is No sign that any reptile water being used.

*Broken dripping system

*Laying on his Baskin spot instead of holding himself upright

*Only plant in the enclosure is obviously riddled with fertilizer and most likely along with it pesticides.

*He's missing toenails.

* Amongst a ton of neglect, perhaps to the extent I have no clue, (no thermometers, hydrometers, bulbs are probably as old as he is.) .

* THIS DUDE EVEN HAS FAUX MARIJUANA PLANT GLUED TO VINES

I AM JUST IN SHAMBLES.

I brought this guy home anyway regardless of the obvious illness this guy has...

Hes a beautiful nosey be boy, and he deserves to live a healthy happy life.

Why do people do this to animals?!? ... its just really sad to me.

Anyways, please keep your toenails crossed for this little guy to make a miraculous turn around... I have faith he will make it through the night for us to go talk to our vet about the illness/illnesses and hopefully create a game plan on how to turn this crazy train around and get our new member feeling tip top.

Thanks for reading
OH WOW! That makes me so angry to hear that people are just clueless and that the little guy was obviously suffering. KUDOS! to you for hopefully saving his life. I will keep him in my prayers and hope that he can make a miraculous recovery. What is his name?

OH WOW! That makes me so angry to hear that people are just clueless and that the little guy was obviously suffering. KUDOS! to you for hopefully saving his life. I will keep him in my prayers and hope that he can make a miraculous recovery. What is his name?
We named him John snow the king of the north. Winter is here for this little dude! ( games of thrones reference) (if you follow the series John snow was resurrected from death) ( our pet Great Dane is named Arya lol) thank you so much for your kind words... it helps having a small army to cheer you on ! We have a vet appointment for Monday and are currently upgrading his entire setup so he has a fighting chance!

We named him John snow the king of the north. Winter is here for this little dude! ( games of thrones reference) (if you follow the series John snow was resurrected from death) ( our pet Great Dane is named Arya lol) thank you so much for your kind words... it helps having a small army to cheer you on ! We have a vet appointment for Monday and are currently upgrading his entire setup so he has a fighting chance!
I luv that!!!!! Cool.

so happy to see that you were able to get him out that of horrible situation with the previous owner, have you done adequate research on panther chameleon husbandry? I wish you and john the best of luck!! :)

so happy to see that you were able to get him out that of horrible situation with the previous owner, have you done adequate research on panther chameleon husbandry? I wish you and john the best of luck!! :)

I am actually going to post a complete update with everything going on with this little guy including his enclosure. It will be like a before and after! Thanks for the well wishes and continue to follow my journey with John snow.

Back
Top Bottom