So my GF hates me...

ShortStack

Because I'm starting to breed feeders !!!!

I finally decided to give breeding crickets, hornworms, and superworms a shot. I figured what could I lose... I know the hornworms and superworms take a long time, but I'm having fun trying!!

This is the cricket container.. has about 1000 crickets or so!
image_1.jpg

This is one of the super worms that had pupated.
image_2.jpg

This is a silkworm that hate spun its cocoon and came out 2 days ago! He is such a cute little fella... these are okay to feed to my chams correct?
image_3.jpg

And This is the pupated hornworm... I heard these things take forever...
image.jpg

I REALLY enjoy my chameleon's, and I REALLY enjoy taking care of them. If I can save a little money breeding crickets (which is fun for some reason lol) then why not !?

I mean, it's a neat little thing to try and do. took a whole 5 min to get the cricket bedding setup and a week for the eggs to hatch. I must have over 1000 crix, plus a whole other bin filled with more eggs lol.

if you are going to need 1000 crickets it seems like a good thing to do! I thought about it, BUT I'm not good about following through on such a tedious effort. :D

BTW that silkworm moth is gorgeous!

I have 5 chams to feed, all different sizes. We buy 200 crickets every 3-5 days. Idk If it's worth it or not but it gave me somethin to do ! Lol

It's fun. My kids and I have had a good time with different types of feeders. Right now i have crickets that have been breading well, two types or Roach, superworms (on way too big a scale) and silkworms all in revolving colonies. I haven't purchased a feeder in quite some time but will get some hornworms one of these days soon. It is my experience that chams go crazy for silkmoths. I always try and feed them off after they have done the deed and before they die.

It's fun. My kids and I have had a good time with different types of feeders. Right now i have crickets that have been breading well, two types or Roach, superworms (on way too big a scale) and silkworms all in revolving colonies. I haven't purchased a feeder in quite some time but will get some hornworms one of these days soon. It is my experience that chams go crazy for silkmoths. I always try and feed them off after they have done the deed and before they die.
We don't have a second silk moth, as the one silkworm had just started starving itself for some reason and died. Guess this guy is goin to be food tomorrow It's so darn cute though !! Lol.

She'll get over it. Engage her in chameleon care, that takes a lot of the "eeek, a bug!" thing away.
she loves takin care of them. It's funny, she doesn't mind pickin up the bugs to place them in a cage but is freaked out about breeding them, lol

I think its the thought of something crawling on her when she's sleeping that might be getting to her lol my girl is the same way lol. Just say "babe think of the money we can save and MAYBE buy you something" ;)

Try Discoid roaches

Once you get a colony started you will be set. That is if your chams like roaches. My female loves them but the male is still stuck on crickets.

Did you get my PM? I forgot to add that you will need a heating pad that doesn't shut its self off or some thing to keep the temp up ...

Back
Top Bottom