So much for cup feeding..

jenstar

Today Ink made a statement about the cup I put in for feeding. He pooped in it! eww.. He has been pooping in the same spot all the time until today. He then went on the hunt and found one loose in his cage an snatched it up. I guess he prefers to hunt. :)

my chameleon likes to poop in his cup to. its kinda funny. I think its kind of better though because then it is easier for me to see the coloring and things like that.

my chameleon likes to poop in his cup to. its kinda funny. I think its kind of better though because then it is easier for me to see the coloring and things like that.
Ya that's true but then that's a waste of crickets as they crawl on the poop and then he shouldn't eat them right?

Use a tub. A tub makes the animal able to hunt because the crickets can actually move. Mine don't poop in their tubs as long as I don't put them under their favorite poop spot.

i would toss the pooped on crickets. i wish i could get mine to poop in the cup. less cleaning.

My young veiled does the same, doesnt matter where i put his tub he will take a crap in it. Luckily most of the time he has already eaten his crix.

I guess he prefers to hunt. :)

Naturally!! This is what they do in the wild;) I do not recommend cup feeding every bug. Your lizard will get use to the bugs always going in their. This could cause it to get lazy and set around the cup all day waiting for food and can cause "lazy tongue". Its best IMO to free range the bugs that are quick moving. Crickets, hoppers, flies (of course:rolleyes:) and other worms that will stick to a branch or screen. Things like roaches that just run and hide under the plant pots and other worm type feeders that dont stick to the screen or branch can be placed in the cup or better yet a small shallow tub. However, I dont recommend always using a tub either. It might be better than a cup but still the food is in the same spot all the time. This will keep your animal wondering if there is food in the cage and be more inclined to hunt and be active during the day. One of the most fun parts of keeping these lizards is watching them hunt! Seems like your animal already knows where his food is all the time from pooping in it. In the wild poop will attract different bugs thus bringing food to the lizard. Its quite normal.

I usually use cup feeding on the week days when i have to go to school because I can see what they ate. I always hold the cup up to my female because her cup is small, otherwise i use feeding tongs (for my Leopard Gecko) or I let the food free range! Its always fun to watch them hunt down their food.

Naturally!! This is what they do in the wild;) I do not recommend cup feeding every bug. Your lizard will get use to the bugs always going in their. This could cause it to get lazy and set around the cup all day waiting for food and can cause "lazy tongue". Its best IMO to free range the bugs that are quick moving. Crickets, hoppers, flies (of course:rolleyes:) and other worms that will stick to a branch or screen. Things like roaches that just run and hide under the plant pots and other worm type feeders that dont stick to the screen or branch can be placed in the cup or better yet a small shallow tub. However, I dont recommend always using a tub either. It might be better than a cup but still the food is in the same spot all the time. This will keep your animal wondering if there is food in the cage and be more inclined to hunt and be active during the day. One of the most fun parts of keeping these lizards is watching them hunt! Seems like your animal already knows where his food is all the time from pooping in it. In the wild poop will attract different bugs thus bringing food to the lizard. Its quite normal.
Wow! That's a great response! I was just worried that he wasn't eating enough and I wanted to keep better track of it. His colours and poops are good so yay!

Back
Top Bottom