So Frustrated...

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have been helping two of my friends move into a new place, which is AWESOME! Don't get me wrong I am over the moon for them, they were unable to find a place for 5 months and were terrfied about being unable to continue staying where they were as things just became more expensive as they waited for something to pop up and they were eventually going to have to move out of the hotel and onto the streets. After they (and I) searched for months we found them this tiny studio, absolutely the bare minimum of what they need but they are safe and they have a place of their own. However I have been helping them move and make it their home for the last two weeks, almost 5 days out of the week (when I am walking 3 hours a day and trying to do various things around the house to that require me to make a mild living which is make dog treats, take care of inverts, and reptiles) and tonight I said I wouldn't be available tomorrow and likely not Saturday just cause I needed to relax and take care of myself and the animals for a bit, and all I got was grief and people trying to guilt trip me. I get why they did it. They don't want to rely on me anymore than I want them to (they dont have a car yet), but JESUS CHRIST, did I have the largest desire to say "F YOU" and say "call me when you realize I actually have a life outside helping you when you want it". This week I have felt extremely underappreciated and it's just so so frustrating.

It always amazes me when things like this happen. Do they think everything should be handed to them on a silver platter? If they do then maybe that's why they're having problems in the first place....not enough self reliance skills??

You should definitely take the time you need for yourself when you need it!

That's why I didn't let what they said bother me. They do it when they feel stressed, which I understand why they feel it but I don't at the same time because so much stress has been lifted. They actually s houldnt be rushing to be buying more than the nessecities but ugh... I don't have influence over how they spend their money. It's just the next two days I have made myself completely unavailable because if I keep going like this I will hit a wall and retreat completely for months instead of a few days, and it might affect my ability to walk. I have started realizing when it's necessary to say no now.

Edit: well I should say i didn't let it bother me passed a certain extent. I am definitely ieritated by it otherwise vent post wouldn't have been necessary lol

Do yourself justice & take those couple days to recoup!! Sometimes us good hearted people need to be careful we don't get taken advantage of.. Too bad they weren't more grateful for all the help they've already received from you! Hang in there!(y)

Back
Top Bottom