Snow storm in my enclosure

suprdude

Avid Member
It's my first experience with shedding and it's looks like a snowstorm hit my enclosure. I had no idea shedding would happen over such a short period of time. Basically one day!

IMG_8035.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Yesthey literally pop out of their skin! Dry shedders and usually dont need any help. Can effect the mood and appetite. The only areas that need to be watched is the tip if the tail or rings around the joints. This can cut off circulation and cause necropsy. If this occurrs simply break one side of ring or the back side of tail by rubbing gently. Then pull off if you can, as long as its nit clised around it and vlood can flow it will take care of itself. Some chams aggressively rub their eyes against branches. If you see this and are worried about self injury, blow quick shirt blasts at the eye to dislodge stuck shed or shed that if hampering vision. Normally when you husbandry is good, temps humidity etc.. There are no issues. EN joy your snow. Just wait for it to finish then clean up. dead skin does not smell

Yesthey literally pop out of their skin! Dry shedders and usually dont need any help. Can effect the mood and appetite. The only areas that need to be watched is the tip if the tail or rings around the joints. This can cut off circulation and cause necropsy. If this occurrs simply break one side of ring or the back side of tail by rubbing gently. Then pull off if you can, as long as its nit clised around it and vlood can flow it will take care of itself. Some chams aggressively rub their eyes against branches. If you see this and are worried about self injury, blow quick shirt blasts at the eye to dislodge stuck shed or shed that if hampering vision. Normally when you husbandry is good, temps humidity etc.. There are no issues. EN joy your snow. Just wait for it to finish then clean up. dead skin does not smell
Thanks for this info!

Back
Top Bottom