snort :(

Fill out the form and maybe describe in more detail when you hear the sound, what is your cham doing. Chams hiss/snort as well naturally when they get a little uptight.

Hi...everything they said above, but also....maybe you could get a video of it? They do sometimes "snort" to release excess salts, but if it's a sneeze or a cough, that's a different problem.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon -
veiled chameleon
Male
2 months
3 weeks
Im a new chameleon owner & new to this website
Handling-
Maybe about 2 times a day
Feeding -
Im feeding him crickets
since his a young chameleon the person who sold it to me said to feed him 5 crickets a day but i've read that i have to feed him more :(
I feed them carrots & sweet potato
Watering -
I have a spray bottle which i spray the habitat and chameleon 3 to 4 time a day
Fecal Description -
his recent droppings the first had white urine & the second came with yellow urine :(
He hasn't been tested for parasites

Cage Info:
Cage Type - the cage is glass
dimensions are : height -> 12 inches , width -> 21 inches
Lighting -
I have 2 lamps
one is a 13 watt uvb bulb & the second is a heat bulb that's 50 watts
-> i currently have the heat lamp turned off since i thought it might be too hot in there for the little guy since i saw him under the heat lamp with his mouth open :(
I turn on the lighting system 12 hours a day
Placement -
cage is located near my window which is calm and no high traffic areas
The height of the the top of the cage is 34 feat from the room floor
& for the humidity how can i measure that ? :( please help :(
Current Problem - I heard my chameleon snort ; and i've seen him basking under the heat lamp with his mouth open :(

please i would really appreciate the help & thanks to all who are helping me out :)

Do you dust the crickets with calcium? If so, how covered are they? Are they "ghost white" or can you barely see it or somewhere in between?

I haven't covered my crickets in calcium is that necessary for the the chameleon ?:confused:
& yes the uvb bulb is the 13 watt bulb

It's hard to say without seeing it. It could be something to be very concerned about (e.g., respiratory tract infection) or could be completely normal salt/mineral excretion and no cause for concern. Probably hard to do, but is a video possible?

yeah sure thing ill upload a video first thing when he wakes up :) , but i'm not sure if i can take the part of him doing the little snort but i'll do the best i can .
& yeah hopefully it's not the infection i wouldn't like to see my little baby sick :( ; I haven't heard him do the sound today so hopefully it wasn't nothing serious

yes, you have to dust your feeders with calcium! Use a calcium without d3 at every feeding. Then get a calcium with d3 and use that a couple of times a month and also get a mutlivitamin and use that twice monthly as well. This is the supplement schedule most go by and it has proven pretty successful.

I've taken a video of my cham but idk how to upload it on here ?
&also he isn't eating i place some crickets in his habitat but he hasn't eaten only but one :( , he preffers to b basking under the heat lamp but i saw him with his mouth open a bit so i misted his habitat and him now he seems to not be doing it but still he doesn't want to eat and hes sorta like rubbing his head on a branch :( while under the heating lamp

where can i find/ purchase that calcium/D3/multivitamin ? sorry for all the questions i'm trying to get every bit of information to asure my baby chameleon's well being

I had a chameleon get a cold before. He was sleeping all day all night. He was snorting loud and exhaling loud and fast. He made it 3 days before he passed away.

Back
Top Bottom