Snipes NEW and IMPROVED cage

Campy

Check it ouuuut.... I think I did MUCH better than his old cage....

Once the plants grow for a month w/o trimming, it will be a jungle :-D

The light I have is a 100W light for heat and a 10.0 24" reptiSUN Tube. I also have a Night Heat lamp on as well on the other side to help with the heating in there until tomorrow. Perhaps I will buy a higher watage bulb, since the mesh is pretty thick.

ALSO tomorrow I have to put down some plastic wrap over the dirt.

Has

1 Air plant Middle front
3 Pothos - two upper corner one bottom left back until I get another basket
1 Fiscus - front right
1 Schafflerra - Think that's the middle middle
1 .... Can't remember! lol... - front left

The others top front left and right and back front mid are plastics...

Have a vine in there.. Think I will get one more, and a few branches.

On the bottom. My dad has these things... they are for industrial use... soaking up oil, and whatever else... water... So i put them on the bottom of the cage.... Working like a charm!

Attachments

• Cage1.JPG
    Cage1.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1494.JPG
    IMG_1494.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Hey! your cage looks really good! yea once it grows in it will be crazy in there. just make sure your basking lights dont burn you plants. the night light wont be needed unless temps. go bellow 50. by the way your veiled looks great!

Well, I just thought w/ the size of the cage, having that other light would not hurt anything. They are both on during the day time to keep the upper end all warm. Nothing is needed at night.

I ended up getting a 150W Tight Beam bulb for the cage to help with his basking spot.

On another note, I dont know how much he likes the change!! He doesn't seem to move anywhere... Other than he went straight to the bottom when I put him in there, then by night he was at the very top corner by the light... And has not moved since. Anything I could do?

I bought meal worms as well to. Going to test those out.

I dont know how much he has been eating, he looks thin :-(

Looks good! Have you thought about flipping the frame the other way? Using that square frame makes it easy to hang plants and attach the bend-a-branches. It gives you one more option.

That could be a possibility for sure. I will let him chillax for a bit before I do something like that. He is not very happy with me I dont think. Once he adjusts to the space he has now... I will mess around with it.

Before this I had him in like a 2x1x2.5high cage... (dont hate)... I realize my mistakes and now he has a 'home'

i wouldn't worry about his inactivity. herps often take a week or two to adjust into new enviroments. it looks great! and i'm sure he will apreciate the change once he's gotten used to the idea!!

Graeme

Back
Top Bottom